Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All personal choice. They do look cool but from a practical perspective only Never seen the point of a hardtop outside of racing.

Soft top or tonneau on for parking up on dry days for me.

Did 1200 miles round a wet and fast long weekend tour of Ireland and didn’t once think of a hardtop. I did have windwing hinged sidescreens though, as the zip in ones were a ball ache.

I loved the idea of a hardtop until I tried getting on and out of a cobra with a hardtop at stoneleigh. OK, so I'm 6'2" and the wrong side of 16 stone, but trying to get in and out of the reduced aperture with a roof on was a real struggle. I appreciate that this is true of both hardtops and soft tops, but at least you can take a soft top off more easily. Steering wheel size / angle is also a factor here.

I have a polycarbonate wind deflector at the back and door-length polycarbonate wind deflectors / windows on the sides which can be removed in 2 minutes if needs be. The soft top will go over them (I think) but haven't used the soft top much since I fitted them as the need for it has been reduced.
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

One other consideration, depending on you much you use your toy car, is that most soft tops leak, whereas a hardtop should not.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Decision made and deposit paid on the Andy Hatton 427 Hardtop. Agree with many of the comments about usage but I have a 30 mile commute to the office and never take the Cobra due to the weather risk - with a hardtop I could so hope I will get more use out of it. Also I have a removable steering wheel (needed it before I dropped 30kg!) so hopefully getting in and out shouldn't be too bad.

Just need to sort the paint work out - was hoping Anthony (Chimeara) could help as he arranged the original paintwork but he has gone quiet!?

If anyone is talking to him then please point him in this general direction.

I will update when fitted but will be neared to Xmas!

Larger Poly side screens sound a good idea on cold days, didYou make them yourself or is there a contact to buy? Also any pictures sounds interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Master Thatcher View Post
    Larger Poly side screens sound a good idea on cold days, didYou make them yourself or is there a contact to buy? Also any pictures sounds interesting
    I assume it’s my post you are referring to, yes I made them myself, I bought the polycarbonate off EBay and fitted them with a second set of wind deflector hinges on the inside of the originals secured with butterfly nuts for easy removal. I also used de-gassed gas struts and keep saying i‘m going to write it up for Graham as an article but haven’t got around to it yet...
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Anyone fitted one of these Hatton tops to an AK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12