Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Another for Galaxys white lettering on the inside. They are V-Rated which is the main reason for selecting them. Now 1400 miles on and wet weather driving was not hairy like the BFG I had. They are sticky and great in the dry. You can really push them with no loss of traction. I don't do track days so ideal for the road. Those sizes are assume and you will fill the arches. The side walls are more vertical so if you have the space for 245 on full lock ?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    245s up front will look good, but will be heaving on the steering....or are you putting in that EPAS for old folks nonsense?
    Old boy

Sorry should have said I have the Goodyears, not Avons, must read what I is a typing

I wrote a review of the galaxys on mine - still feel they are the right 15" tyre choice for roadgoing cobras, V rated, proper sidewall construction, look the part & the grip/compound lasts (unlike avons & yokohama race tyres who have a surprisingly finite life) - all regardless of the rather nice fact that they happen to be a bargain!

I went up a size from 205/60/15 & 235/60/15 to 215 & 245's - the 215s felt a tiny bit wider in terms of clearance the 245's didnt, at all (weirdly).

I tried looking up Galaxy tires, but found mostly agricultural tires, yet quite a few different model street tires. Which Galaxy model tire are you using?

(Trying to find 295/50R15 rear tires yields a very limited selection. That's why I am trying to identify which ones you are using)
    John

“A prudent person profits from personal experience, a wise one from the experience of others.”

Sounds like the Galaxys would be a good bet. Thanks for all your replies folks

Quote Originally Posted by Eggbert View Post
    I tried looking up Galaxy tires, but found mostly agricultural tires, yet quite a few different model street tires. Which Galaxy model tire are you using?

(Trying to find 295/50R15 rear tires yields a very limited selection. That's why I am trying to identify which ones you are using)
    Unfortunately not all of the Galaxy's are V-rated - no idea why.
    The 295 tyre is unfortunately an 'H'.

http://www.northhantstyres.com/main-...5-GAL-RWL.html
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I went down the Galaxy route, entirely subjectively I think they have better grip than the BFGs I had before I only have them on th rear at the moment. I think their wet grip and road noise ratings were reasonable but their fuel economy was poor. Ask North Hants Tyres, they’ll give you the ratings.

There’s some good articles discussing Galaxys on this site AlexB and ? JonW IIRC ?
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

I have found these on ebay ! 215's and 255's at a bargain price. Im thinking of doing them all round.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Summer-Ty...53.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Summer-Ty...53.m1438.l2649
    Paul

SRV8 - 429 Ford Big Block, 4 speed toploader

Those are the ones.... north hants tyres had them designed and produced originally.

Hi guys,
    i need tyres on mine for next year and i can get rid of my old BFs, do they do these Galaxy tyres in 16 inch i can`t seem to see them in this size rim
    Gary.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast