Refurb Damaged alloys

Well I dinged a Halibrand replica rear alloy rim. I was in outside lane at a roundabout. A large foreign lorry on my nearside started to pull into my lane without warning / indication. Thus in avoiding the lorry I scraped the rear rim on the high kerb.
    I visited a local firm advertising alloy refurbs. They could not help but directed me to another firm. These guys said the wide wheel and profile would not fit their lathe.
    At a loss I googled other firms and found "Wheels Approved Autoworks" at Byfleet, Surrey. They guy there was not in the least bit fazed and was confident he could help saying that they did their work all by hand.
    Sadly, I then had a stroke and am not allowed to drive for a month. When the wheel was ready, I explained my predicament that I could not pick it up. No problem he said I'll deliver it.
    The wheel by the way, looked like new. Good work and great service from this firm.

Great to hear of a good company willing to take these wheels on, last time I damaged a wheel Image wheels in Tipton, the manufacturers, repaired it for me.
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Good to have a recommendation - wonder if they can do knock-ons .. I'll give them a call.

Incidentally, I hope you are recovering well from the stroke! You mention it as though it were nothing all that consequential..
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Well I survived a torn aorta & gall stones stuck in the bile duct, I also have a metal heart valve. The stroke was very frightening. I really only knew something was wrong when I tried to speak. Luckily, 24 hours later I am out of hospital but unable to smile. Am recovering quickly so I am very thankful. Kind regards

Crikey, I think you might need to change your username after all that medical work - the 64-million-dollar-tone? Speedy recovery!
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by big_daddy_tone View Post
    I am out of hospital but unable to smile.
    "Unable to smile" - crikey perhaps I have had a stroke. Or am I just a miserable so and so?
    Get well soon.......

Nuf Said