Dax Willans harness fitting

So I bought the Willans harnesses from Dax at Stoneleigh, and I thought I'd mock one up to see how it looks .. and ran into a couple of questions, well.. one question, one problem

First, the top mounting bolt (on the rear deck) isn't marked as 8.8, nor is it marked with three lines.. instead it appears to be marked "OSB" and "S". The IVA manual is suitably vague on this point, and just says "Bolts used in structural areas should be of grade 8.8 or better. Such bolts will be marked 8.8 or 12.9 on the hexagonal head, however, cap-headbolts or 7/16" ( 11mm ) UNF seat belt anchorage bolts (with an anodised finish) not marked in this way may normally be considered to be ofequivalent strength"

Anyone passed IVA with those bolts in place? They're retained in the top fixing with a star washer (single use) amongst other things, so changing them means sacrificing bits and finding new ones..

The other thing is a problem - the eye bolts supplied for the lower fixings don't fit into the inboard fixing; they would thread in, but the floor pan gets in the way! And that's before I've put the rear section of center tunnel in. I guess I'll have to notch all of that to suit, and the carpet too .. anyone else had that problem and sourced smaller (these are ~31mm diameter eyes) eye bolts, and have a recommendation? Frustratingly, suppliers don't list the "eye size", which makes me think they are probably all the same..
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Found the answer to the first part - grade S is equivalent to 8.8.. according to this page, anyway: https://www.workshopwarehouse.co.uk/...tensile-bolts/
    My DeDion build diary..

Do you have to show the eyebolt or bolts right through the chassis with a nyloc nut the other side, or just threaded in is enough, ? Yes had to notch a bit of tunnel out.
    im using bolts all over with a removeable abs cover at the top from cbs.

I believe - based on the way I read it - that the threaded fixings will be acceptable as they are.. the nuts are welded on the "face" on the plate, and the tubes are captive nuts inside the tube .. but I guess IVA will tell! I've not heard of anyone failing with the Dax fixings, anyway..
    My DeDion build diary..

As mentioned my harnesses are Sabelt but I’ve got 8.8 bolts on top anchor points but I think your s is sufficient, as far as the eye bolts I got longer bolts I think from jjraceandrally but are also graded 8.8 you seriously have to chop the centre tunnel fibreglass about but again I was trying to be a bit tight with it and there is really no need as the carpet will cover it after. I’ve just stripped mine out so if you want I can what’s app a couple of pictures just send your number?
    Regards Mark
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy