Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilG66 View Post
    Ford BOA or BOB would give you the HP - 4ltrRV8 is only 200HP stock whereas the BOA/BOB gives more and will go straight in place of a V6 Cologne.
    I broke a number of BOA's - great engine, lots of power (220 BHP) but finding spare parts was getting to be tricky as its a rare engine, so much so I sold a wrecked one 2 years ago for £300. Their rarity is why I went for a more common engine so that's why I went for a 4.6 RV8.

Also, it won't just drop straight in - the engine management system is one thing and the exhaust manifolds come out in an entirely different place and that's just for starters. Also the power is almost at the limit of a Type 9 gearbox. If I'd known all of this when I started I'd have gone straight to the RV8 !
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

How about the AJ30 and manual 'box out of a Jaguar S-type. 240bhp stock and the same torque as the Rover 3.5 V8.

Hi all
    Thanks again for the many replies.

All stripped to the chassis and chassis strengthened / modified. Thin floor pan replaced and angled.
    JRV8 turnkey engine / gearbox on order.

I'm mechanically competent (mostly), but need some further advice...
    Existing springs were not in good shape, so new, lowered (40mm) coils purchased. Unfortunately the springs had been removed by the previous owner - the new ones sit in the lower arms ok, but not in the upper arms or rear chassis. i.e. inside diameter of coils 110mm and outside diameter of seating "spigot" 90mm. As I wasn't able the see the original in situ.
    New springs - one set is taller than the other and have one end machined flat. I assume the taller springs are for the rear?

Taking on the mk2 seemed a good idea at the time but, having done so, guess I ought to press on!

Any advice welcomed........
    Colin

Hi
    P.S. to my last post.
    Is there a Mk2 (granada Mk2 based) owner out there willing for me to look over the vehicle?
    Ta
    Colin

If no-one closer answers Colin you are welcome to come to Northampton to look at my early Mk 2 with 4.6 Rv8, but I'm going to SORN it at the end of November and start the winter refurb programme (rolling it in glitter....)

Hi David
    Many thanks for the offer.
    Is your mk2 Sumo Cortina or Granada mk2 based?
    Regards
    Colin

pretty sure its Granada, an early mark 2.

Hi David
    Would like to visit.
    I'm retired, so can fit in with you - sometime next week? (except Wednesday).
    Could you contact me via email? - c.pates@sky.com
    Thanks
    Colin
    Than

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12