Dax Cobra De Dion with Hardtop

Hi folks,

I've been going back and forth with this decision for the last 2 weeks, and I'm still unsure! Hence the tentative post below...
    So perhaps it's still a bit premature to post, but I've decided to put my Dave Brookes built Dax Cobra up for sale when I return from holiday in a month.
    As much as I'm loving the Cobra, my heart is pulling me back towards a 40's-50's American custom. I don't have the space at home for more than one toy, so it needs to go if I plan to buy/build another custom.
    The Cobra has definitely surpassed my expectations of owning and driving such a beast, and I can say its something I've ticked off my bucket list.

It’s done just under 8000 miles from new and I’m the 2nd owner. I've only owned it for 3 months!
    The spec sheet includes:
    Built 2004 by Dave Brookes,
    De Dion chassis,
    18” Halibrand wheels with new Toyo Proxies tyres, 295 rears and 235 front
    5” side pipes,
    Twin roll hoops,
    383ci stroker V8 (450+bhp),
    Stainless lined engine bay,
    Extended foootwells,
    Tremec 5 speed gearbox,
    Cream leather interior.

It comes with a new mohair soft top and a tonneau cover.
    Only 3 weeks ago I had Andy Hatton supply and fit one of his hardtops from 427hardtops.com at a cost of £4k

When someone asks what the Cobra is like, I describe is as intoxicating, auxiliarating, obnoxious and addictive… it’s an absolute rocket.
    It looks as good in the flesh as the pictures.
    There’s a couple of small stone chips, and the interior has a little wear and tear as you’d expect. Roll bars have some chrome wear. The hardtop is still in raw black gelcoat.

Offers are invited around £40k.
    Email me on Markdunn68@sky.com or message on here to open the lines of communication. I'll have limited internet after tonight so there will be a delay in responses.
    I'm back on 24th September, and will most likely list the car on eBay and Pistonheads if there's no interested parties from here and I've not changed my mind again!

Best regards
    Mark

More pics....

I’ve got great WiFi on the beach so I’ve decided the Cobra is going on Car & Classics today. Also reviewed the price and adjusted to £38500 ONO after seeing what’s currently available on the market.

Regards
    Mark

New price of £37500 and car now on eBay/Facebook.

Someone is going to get a bargain here...my loss is your gain.
    I've just been offered something in USA and have 2 weeks to get the funds over to him.
    So a final price reduction to £35995.
    If it doesn't sell I'll hibernate her until Spring and try again.

Here's another video, this time its a cold start and idle.

suggest advertising on Cars&Classics and Pistonheads - few cars sell on here as you are preaching to the converted1
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I'm surprised dealers aren't knocking on your door at that price. That is a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    suggest advertising on Cars&Classics and Pistonheads - few cars sell on here as you are preaching to the converted1
    Thanks Kevin, you're right about that. It's now on Car & Classics, eBay and all over FaceBook!

Quote Originally Posted by Flykilla View Post
    I'm surprised dealers aren't knocking on your door at that price. That is a bargain.
    It's not the best time to sell. I've approached a few but nobody is interested in even making an offer.

Car sold through Car & Classics