Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Would have been nice to have breakfast there. I'm 7 nights into a 21 night night-shift so I'll do my best.

Andy

Looking hoid for sunshine tomorrow, looking forward to catching up on Summer activity.
    Geoff
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3, like me old but loved

A massive thank you to those who exploited the fabulous weather and ventured out in their prized possessions to the Horton Inn.
    Two apologies on my part.
    1. I was all togged up, shades on, hat pinned on, strapped in and.........the clutch pedal went to the floor! So the Passat Shooting Break had to be used.
    2. I was the first to leave which, as the 'host' was bad form but the lurgy has well and truly settled in to me and I wasn't 100% today.
    But three Cobras and a rather spectacular Beach Buggy were in attendance so the interest was there and we all talked b#<€$@x and Cobras for a couple of hours.

I have made the decision to ground my car for the foreseeable to sort out the gearbox swap rather than temporarily fix the hydraulic clutch issue. So a good time also to sort out the appalling interior too with shiny (?) new carpet and replacement seats whilst the work is done.

I'll still be attending the meets though albeit in a tin top.

The Horton Inn does not officially open for business till 12 o'clock but they were very accommodating and opened up for us today at 11. I propose if we carry on using the Horton Inn, the meet commences at 11.30 from now on to secure the parking for our cars then venture inside for coffee at their official opening time. Answers on a postcard??

All the best,

David.
    Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting.

Pleased to meet you all. I'll try and post a pic.

Andy / Michelle

I would post a pic but this site seems to make it so difficult to do such a simple thing. I didn't used to have a problem.

Pic on Facebook if you can find it.
    Andy

Dax De Dion 350 sbc

Great to meet everyone today. Nice to see we are getting a few regulars now, probably due in part to the excellent weather (it makes all the difference) we are happy to meet at the Horton Inn unless someone comes up with a more spectacular place. Thanks Dave for persevering with this meet, I always liked coming to it when Keith Fuller first got it going and we have made some very nice long term friends because of it and expect to do so again. Well done that man and all who took the trouble to attend. Best regards from Pete and Marion.

Good meeting yesterday, nice to see familiar faces and new faces. Chris and I appreciate David taking the time to prompt and organise, many thanks. I hope you are feeling better and that Karen has a speedy recovery..we will make the Purbecks one day

bets regards to all.
    Geoff
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3, like me old but loved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12