Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Goodwood Revival: Friday 13th

For those heading down to Goodwood and in search of a great nearby pub, on the Friday evening:

The Cricketers, Duncton
    https://thecricketersduncton.co.uk/

Friday evening also features the Happy Days Big Band (probably in the beer garden):
    http://www.sussexjazzmag.com/big-band-scene-march-2019/

for anyone that may like jazz, swing and some more modern tunes, all in keeping with the Revival theme.

I shall be there as the taxi/roadie for my lad, playing trumpet, if anyone would like to meet up.
    Last edited by KevinW; 30-08-19 at 05:38 PM.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Hi
    not directly relevant but i asked Terry at the Hampshire cobra club branch if there was going to be a stand at Goodwood as per Silverstone Classic. He said not, but thought i would put it out there for a possible idea next year? Living on the IOW i thought it may attract southern members?
    Crendon No13

Quote Originally Posted by Gowan View Post
    Hi
    not directly relevant but i asked Terry at the Hampshire cobra club branch if there was going to be a stand at Goodwood as per Silverstone Classic. He said not, but thought i would put it out there for a possible idea next year? Living on the IOW i thought it may attract southern members?
    I think its been asked before but I don't believe Goodwood do such stands inside the track.

You might get a bit of luck in the Over The Road Area, however it isn't going to be cheap if the Goodwood prices are anything to go on.

Something like £5k for a small stand over-the-road, I'm sure I heard somewhere once..
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    Something like £5k for a small stand over-the-road, I'm sure I heard somewhere once..
    Goodwood? cheap? GoodGod man, what were you thinking?
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Something like £5k for a small stand over-the-road, I'm sure I heard somewhere once..[/QUOTE]

thats not going to happen then.. shame.. Silverstone was about a 1/3 of the entry fee for public so i guess the stand prices were a lot cheaper... will have to make my way to Silverstone next year in the Cobra then
    Crendon No13

Quote Originally Posted by Gowan View Post
    thats not going to happen then.. shame.. Silverstone was about a 1/3 of the entry fee for public so i guess the stand prices were a lot cheaper... will have to make my way to Silverstone next year in the Cobra then [/QUOTE]

Silverstone never used to charge at all. Not aware anything has changed since.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Hi Gowan,
    As you live on the island can you tell me what time we have to be at the Classic Car Show on Saturday 14th September and Sunday 15th September
    as we will be there showing our Cobra, also will you be there?
    Cheers,
    Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by windsor400 View Post
    Hi Gowan,
    As you live on the island can you tell me what time we have to be at the Classic Car Show on Saturday 14th September and Sunday 15th September
    as we will be there showing our Cobra, also will you be there?
    Cheers,
    Alan.

Hi Alan, sorry just seen this, I have posted a pic of your car on FB as my mate took it whilst waiting for the ferry today.. also just seen you driving out of East Cowes..
    I am showing my Capri on Saturday and arriving at 0830 for set up.
    I am showing my Cobra on Sunday but not arriving until 0930/0945 as i don't want to get closed in and unable to leave earlier.. I think most are arriving around 0800/0830..

If you look on the Cobra site on FB you will see my post and can message me if you like... I am going with another island Cobra, would be good to catch up/possibly park together??

cheers
    Gowan
    Crendon No13

So I was correct with the car on FB.

Andy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast