is september TVM on this week ?

is september TVM on this week ?

Hi Simon.

It should be, but unfortunately I won't be able to make it.

I thought I'd start the long-postponed home decoration project by renovating the en-suite shower room. A nice and easy start, should only take a day I thought - but that was four days ago! Whilst removing the mouldy grout and sealant from the shower, I discovered that these were all that were holding the wall tiles in place. They had been cemented to a previously painted wall, but the emulsion had then come away from the plaster. So it's now a retiling project, and as the tiles are old and can't be replaced, I'm having to carefully remove the old cement to re-use them - what a PITA job! It's typical of everything the previous owners had done. He wasn't into DIY, so called professionals in - but clearly made the mistake of not checking what they were doing. End result - a job that looks good on the outside, but is crap underneath. Like the nicely tiled false wall to conceal the pipework which was great until I had to replace the syphon unit - I had to use an angle grinder to cut out a tiled section to gain access to the big nut under the cistern. Or the shower mixers with no access panel the other side of the wall for maintenance. Professionals, my arse!

Rant over!

So although I need to bow out, feel free to meet in my absence. Or alternatively we can see what the weather is like next Sunday and reschedule it for then.

Now back to the tiling ......
    Alan

CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)
    Dax 427 DeDion - Huddart SBC 383

Alan i have learnt over the years there is no such thing as a five minute job ?
    even more so with cars

Quote Originally Posted by oiler0 View Post
    Alan i have learnt over the years there is no such thing as a five minute job ?
    even more so with cars
    I'm saying nothing mate!
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by conrod View Post
    Hi Simon.

It should be, but unfortunately I won't be able to make it.

I thought I'd start the long-postponed home decoration project by renovating the en-suite shower room. A nice and easy start, should only take a day I thought - but that was four days ago! Whilst removing the mouldy grout and sealant from the shower, I discovered that these were all that were holding the wall tiles in place. They had been cemented to a previously painted wall, but the emulsion had then come away from the plaster. So it's now a retiling project, and as the tiles are old and can't be replaced, I'm having to carefully remove the old cement to re-use them - what a PITA job! It's typical of everything the previous owners had done. He wasn't into DIY, so called professionals in - but clearly made the mistake of not checking what they were doing. End result - a job that looks good on the outside, but is crap underneath. Like the nicely tiled false wall to conceal the pipework which was great until I had to replace the syphon unit - I had to use an angle grinder to cut out a tiled section to gain access to the big nut under the cistern. Or the shower mixers with no access panel the other side of the wall for maintenance. Professionals, my arse!

Rant over!

So although I need to bow out, feel free to meet in my absence. Or alternatively we can see what the weather is like next Sunday and reschedule it for then.

Now back to the tiling ......
    Think we had the same tiler here, Alan!

(That's the 'after' picture .. 'after' they dropped off the wall one day!)
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Met Office saying this Sunday should be a nice day. They also say it should be dry right now and it's pi**ing it down. Will check with the boss lady later.

Graham.
    AK gen 1 delivered 05/05/17, on the road shortly!

LOL. Yes, except in my case the "cowpats" were attached to the tiles, with a colourful layer of emulsion paint .....

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    Think we had the same tiler here, Alan!

(That's the 'after' picture .. 'after' they dropped off the wall one day!)
    Alan

Let's pencil that in then Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatwick Axe Man View Post
    Met Office saying this Sunday should be a nice day. They also say it should be dry right now and it's pi**ing it down. Will check with the boss lady later.

Graham.
    Alan

Boss Lady, she says yes. Need to earn some serious Brownie points this week though as it's her B.day on Thursday.

Graham.
    AK gen 1 delivered 05/05/17, on the road shortly!