Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What tyres????

AK Gen II delivery date Oct '15
    IVA pass Dec '18.
    On the road Jan '19
    GM LQ4 364ci, LS9 cam, Omex 710.
    Tremec T56 Terminator.

I have used the stick on letters - on an old set - Goodyear - they looked great, really cool, though very hard to get right.

I did a full write up of the galaxy’s on here somewhere....

if you want sticky race design tyres with a two year/3000 mile life span go Avon cr6zz.

If you want modern design & wet performance with period looks go with the galaxies.

Bfg’s and coopers look ok but are expensive and I find them notably lower quality in grip and design.

Ps. The Avon’s cost three times as much as the galaxies.

Pps you might find you can go up a width with the galaxies - I went 235 to 245 on the rear.

Ppps watch your tyre life... 5 years and the clock is ticking...

Quote Originally Posted by AlexB74 View Post
    I have used the stick on letters - on an old set - Goodyear - they looked great, really cool, though very hard to get right.

I did a full write up of the galaxy’s on here somewhere....

if you want sticky race design tyres with a two year/3000 mile life span go Avon cr6zz.

If you want modern design & wet performance with period looks go with the galaxies.

Bfg’s and coopers look ok but are expensive and I find them notably lower quality in grip and design.

Ps. The Avon’s cost three times as much as the galaxies.

Pps you might find you can go up a width with the galaxies - I went 235 to 245 on the rear.

Ppps watch your tyre life... 5 years and the clock is ticking...
    Alex

Thanks. It would appear my first issue will be that the Vintage Wheels i have bought are 15 X 9" wide at the rear and 15 X 8" wide at the front. I now know a few people have failed IVA for 5mm offset outside the wheel arch with Vintage wheels on the front.......I now know Image provide 7.5" at the front, i guess for that reason......

I propose 245's at the rear and 215 if i can get away with it or maybe pushed to 225 on the front. Paranoid about having to stick wheel arch extenders on the paint for IVA test and then carefully pealing it off after! Maybe i should use my Jag slave wheels for the test!

Regards J

My car went through IVA on jag wheels - I hadnt fitted the knock-ons by the time IVA came around..... and still haven't, yet.
    I put Galaxy 235s on all four wheels. I'll be keeping a pair for the fronts and selling a pair when I upgrade and put some bigger rubber on the rears.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I had Jag X300 alloy wheels fitted to the front and Cobra front wheels fitted on the rear, all fitted very nicely inside the wheel arches by miles.
    Paul

SRV8 - 429 Ford Big Block, 4 speed toploader

Nice, i will do exactly that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12