Side Vent and Brake Servo

I’m in the process of finishing my engine bay, wiring, throttle cable, hooking up brakes etc.
    It has occurred to me that the driver’s side engine bay air vent will be impossible to remove and refit with the brake servo in situ..
    Am I missing something or will I have to remove the servo prior to paint just to get at the air vent ??

Quote Originally Posted by incey1966 View Post
    I’m in the process of finishing my engine bay, wiring, throttle cable, hooking up brakes etc.
    It has occurred to me that the driver’s side engine bay air vent will be impossible to remove and refit with the brake servo in situ..
    Am I missing something or will I have to remove the servo prior to paint just to get at the air vent ??
    Impossible....NO Nearly Impossible.....Yes

It can be done I have done it several times and it's really awkward but as long as you fit them as AK suggest you should be OK.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Ok Cheers,

More knuckle scraping and expletives then.....
    I think I'll trial it before I fill with brake fluid...

Yep, I have done it as well and is is a b-----r but can be done. I had one come off as I had only used P38 to bond the wooden frame to the body. I retrieved it and cleaned it up and used P40. Been ok ever since.
    Charlie
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

If you can undo the fixings, the stainless grill will come through the hole if you’re careful.

Hi, I'm also just fitting my vents at the moment too. I've added a couple of aluminium angles on the inside above and below the vents. The angles are bonded on with Tiger seal adhesive. The vent is then screwed from the outside to these angles. I'll probably glass the angles on too shortly.

You just have to be careful how you slide the vents in through the hole once it is painted.

The vents can be fitted through the aperture and then pulled back into the hole.

Hope this helps.

Stu
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AK427 Gen III, Ford 347, TKO600
    Build Blog:- stu238-ak427.blogspot.co.uk