Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBaz View Post
    No Kev, of course plastic waste is a problem and if we can continue the excellent efforts to recycle and cut out our over use of it then fantastic. It will happen because the will is there.

Our dependency on carbon creating fossil fuels will also diminish as technology over takes their use. But for crying out loud the grown ups of this world are using the kids brain washing and scaring them that unless they block roads bridges etc their lives will end, utter tosh.

Why don't they all get in sailing boats and go to China and India and block the roads of the real culprits. Today they are blocking Dover for 4 hours, unbelievable and pathetic in my opinion.

As a country we are doing amazing things to help reduce our use of plastic and help our climate. All these tree huggers do is make their own tiny little minds feel good.

Rant over, I'll climb back in my hole shake me head shout at the telly and radio.

Baz

Sure, accept a lot of what you say.
    But I also think that without a bit of protest, these issues do not move up the agenda in govt, and given that some of these things can affect some businesses (with paid lobbiests), most govts are reluctant to act unless there are votes to be had.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

"Every generation blames the one before".
    It's a little bit funny and a lot sad that different generations are blaming each other for issues which by and large are out of our control. Was it really any average person in the street who decided that so many products should be pointlessly over packaged in plastic/polystyrene? Of course it wasn't, it is business (usually big) who want the convenience and cheapness. They should be charged for the garbage they produce. I know this would eventually get passed on to the end user but it would still be a cost which would be beneficial for them to reduce.

All of that aside, I refuse to feel guilty about the emission from any of my exhaust pipes while it is cost effective to fly across to the other side of Europe for a pi$$ up or over to New York for a spot of retail therapy.

My two cents :

Okay so i'm sad to admit but my daily drive is a Lexus CT200h (hybrid-yes i hear the screams but bear with me) as my journey to work is slow in heavy traffic.

So ... I make absolutely no apologies whatsoever for putting the highest octane possible in my Cobra and ragging the shilzzle out of it on the evenings or weekends.
    I can burn the same amount of fuel on a good weekend as in a month in the Lexus

Alan.
    AK Gen II delivery date Oct '15
    IVA pass Dec '18.
    On the road Jan '19
    GM LQ4 364ci, LS9 cam, Omex 710.
    Tremec T56 Terminator.

Be careful what you wish for. Environmental campaigners may be good at raising awareness but their proposed solutions are often catastrophic because they refuse to consider unintended consequences.
    I work in the timber industry and watched as all log sales were banned in the Amazon rainforest basin around 20 years ago. The greenies were ecstatic with themselves and promptly left to campaign on other matters.
    The effect was to make the timber worthless. Within weeks the landowners, mostly small farmers, started cutting down the trees and burning them to clear the land so they could instead plant Soya or raise cattle.
    Climate change is the same but scaled up. There may or may not be a problem, but the “solutions “ proposed are almost certainly worse

Hi
    Did my bit today : - )
    Went out in my "gas guzzling" beauty
    Took it for its MOT
    Surprise Surprise ... It passed with no advisories ....Ragged it for 100 miles with a big smile

Volvo Mot Wed ...It will not pass ...my prediction ..."computer says" ...ooooh..you need to spend more money to pay our S--t technicians to Analise the computer data
    Then charge me for their mistakes in trying every part in the catalogue
    Then comes the very word that should be taken out of the Oxford English dictionary ....SORRY !!!!
    We offset our carbon emissions by looking very closely at all the volcanic eruptions on the planet (unreported emissions into the atmosphere )
    And we keep bees !!
    Hand wringers bee-ware
    Jon W

Quote Originally Posted by Whit427 View Post

Then comes the very word that should be taken out of the Oxford English dictionary ....SORRY !!!!

Jon W
    Oh boy does that annoy me. Why does everybody think they can do whatever they want these days and as long as they say "sorry" all is good. I've lost count of the people I've had to tell to stop saying sorry to me and normally include "you can be as nastsy as you like to me as long as you get the job done and we'll get along just fine"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12