Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    1,671

    Edelbrock valve cover caps.

    The original black plastic hex caps apart from looking naff are forever falling out especially when polishing. At a previous Stoneleigh I saw a car where they had been replaced with stainless hex cap bolts. Can’t find anything the correct size in my garage. Anyone else done this and can advise on size? I know they will have to be cut to length but it’s the ratio of head size to thread size that’s important. I’m trying to be more organised this year and making a list before trawling the stalls at Stoneleigh.
    Dek

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    2,934
    can't remember if M4 or M5 size now, but head size on those should fit ok IIRC

    Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    1,671
    Quote Originally Posted by nealgs View Post
    can't remember if M4 or M5 size now, but head size on those should fit ok IIRC

    Gary
    Thanks Gary.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Age
    51
    Posts
    351
    Did you find these at the correct size and length for these or did you have to cut them down - I have a few missing and therefore looking for a simple replacement. I don't want to cut down a load of bolts. Thanks.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    1,671
    Quote Originally Posted by david.mt View Post
    Did you find these at the correct size and length for these or did you have to cut them down - I have a few missing and therefore looking for a simple replacement. I don't want to cut down a load of bolts. Thanks.
    I ended up cutting some down. It didn’t take long to put them in a vice, hacksaw then finish off with a file. Look much better than the plastic ones.
    Dek

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Age
    51
    Posts
    351
    OK - thanks. What size did you go with M4 or M5?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    1,671
    Quote Originally Posted by david.mt View Post
    OK - thanks. What size did you go with M4 or M5?
    M5 from Wright’s Auto Supplies.
    Dek

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •