Edelbrock valve cover caps.

The original black plastic hex caps apart from looking naff are forever falling out especially when polishing. At a previous Stoneleigh I saw a car where they had been replaced with stainless hex cap bolts. Can’t find anything the correct size in my garage. Anyone else done this and can advise on size? I know they will have to be cut to length but it’s the ratio of head size to thread size that’s important. I’m trying to be more organised this year and making a list before trawling the stalls at Stoneleigh.
    Dek

can't remember if M4 or M5 size now, but head size on those should fit ok IIRC

Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Quote Originally Posted by nealgs View Post
    can't remember if M4 or M5 size now, but head size on those should fit ok IIRC

Gary
    Thanks Gary.

Did you find these at the correct size and length for these or did you have to cut them down - I have a few missing and therefore looking for a simple replacement. I don't want to cut down a load of bolts. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by david.mt View Post
    Did you find these at the correct size and length for these or did you have to cut them down - I have a few missing and therefore looking for a simple replacement. I don't want to cut down a load of bolts. Thanks.
    I ended up cutting some down. It didn’t take long to put them in a vice, hacksaw then finish off with a file. Look much better than the plastic ones.
    Dek

OK - thanks. What size did you go with M4 or M5?

Quote Originally Posted by david.mt View Post
    OK - thanks. What size did you go with M4 or M5?
    M5 from Wright’s Auto Supplies.
    Dek