Header bolt positions

I have removed the bolts on the headers but I can’t remember what length bolt goes in what position.. there are 2 lengths 6@ 1 inch and 6 @ 3/4 inch..
    Can anyone help with this thx
    Regards
    Ray
    Last edited by kobra; 24-09-19 at 03:33 PM.

I would just use 3/4 inch thick ones would be fine for all as you only have exhaust flange and gasket thickness. I would cut them down or order a set of 3/4 inch x6 bolts which will save you the hassle each time. I wire lock my nuts and check them after 200 miles warm. Just replaced my header gaskets on my Ford with some home made ones as the supplied ones are just like cardboard and blow out. The other option was to use copper gaskets which are the best but at £76 for a set I had the fun of making my own and port matched.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    I would just use 3/4 inch thick ones would be fine for all as you only have exhaust flange and gasket thickness. I would cut them down or order a set of 3/4 inch x6 bolts which will save you the hassle each time. I wire lock my nuts and check them after 200 miles warm. Just replaced my header gaskets on my Ford with some home made ones as the supplied ones are just like cardboard and blow out. The other option was to use copper gaskets which are the best but at £76 for a set I had the fun of making my own and port matched.

Jon
    Mine used to blow out all the time so in the end I did away with gaskets all together and just used high temperature silicone, never had a problem since (about 10 years) and don't even bother to check they aren't working loose anymore as they just don't. So in my opinion the best solution is don't use gaskets at all just hight temp silicon, a fraction of the price and it has never failed.