Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks guys.

Simon - I guess how hard he presses .. wedged in definitely won't pass, but P clipped might; there's a little 'deflection' in the springy metal but I can't make them swivel around with "reasonable force" (I stop short of snapping the fittings out of the plastic housing). Hmm. Might have to re-re-re-think the attachment.
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

If I knew how to post a photo then I would show you what I did.
    I don’t have bumpers on my car, just over riders. What I did was to inlay the fog lamp into the body work lower valance below the boot lid. It’s a permanent fixture as I cut a hole in the fibreglass but it’s legal and it does not take away from the appearance of the back of the car.
    I mounted it right in the centre and angled it up slightly as the body curves down at that point. It took a small modification on the lamp itself but the results are ok.

I was planning on getting a reverse & fog frenched into the rear valence by the bodyshop :thumb: .. but I was also planning on having it painted after the IVA

Not a problem though - I think I'll make up a couple of mounting plates that use the same threaded rod as the overriders and use those to mount the reflectors and lamps. That should sort it and be sturdy enough for the IVA

Although that said, I'd love to see a picture of your lamps.. I'll PM you my email address if you don't mind?
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

I would really suggest just bolting onto the nudge bar - isnt that why you are fitting it?
    P clip should b fine. if paranoid, then put a pop rivet through on the rear so noone can see, and then the light wont twizzle round.

or you can do what I did and just drill 2 holes and 2 self-tappers on the body and you are done.

Frenching in will cost you weeks of more work before IVA - this was the kind of mistake I made. Best to go for a simple solution, get on the road....then you can fiddle with more complicated solutions and fixes at your leisure, but at least then, the car starts paying back on the time and money you have invested in her.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

It took me a couple of hours to complete the job.
    Last edited by Darnpistonbroke; 01-10-19 at 03:04 PM.
    Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting.

or just fix another p clip to the bottom
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

This is the fog lamp I used from eBay.
    Item number 382893327560.

David.
    Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12