First disaster in my Cobra !

Decided to take my car out for a slightly longer drive today, having done 20 miles of very local driving at 30 mph having just gotten it on the road.
    On my way home i tried opening it up a little pulling out of a junction, all was good until I spotted zero oil pressure !!!
    I immediately pulled over and killed the engine to find a big trail of oil down the road !
    After initial panic I discovered my remote oil take off adapter had come lose and the engine was pumping its oil out. I called Green flag to get recovered and the most amazing mechanic turned up and managed to refit the adapter plate and with an oil delivery from my wife I put about 4 litres back in and made it back home.
    No looking for a different design of oil take off adapter as I think the pipe outlets are touching the chassis under acceleration which knocked it lose.

All in all an incredible escape from a blown engine, but I guess that is why I have been driving round in circles for a week watching all my gauges and for bits falling off !
    Paul

SRV8 - 429 Ford Big Block, 4 speed toploader

phew!, lucky escape there Paul

Do you have an oil cooler fitted? - following my engine rebuild in 2017, we removed my remote filter and just fitted a standard filter to the block, less pipework and as not needing an oil cooler as don't race it etc, less complication and one less thing to go wrong/fail.
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

I had to fit a remote filter because there is no room on the engine due to fouling the chassis. I have bought a new adapter with 90 degree outlets (in the post) which will work far better. Madgewicks fitted the one that is there and I was never very confident in the space... or much else that they did on my car !
    Paul

SRV8 - 429 Ford Big Block, 4 speed toploader

I had something similar many years ago a few months after finishing mine. Sump full of oil all over the middle lane of the M25!!
    Last edited by dgosumo; 04-10-19 at 11:14 AM.

Very Lucy Paul, more of an inconvenience than a disaster. Good old Wife doing the oil delivery eh!

Glad you got it sorted.

Alan.
    AK Gen II delivery date Oct '15
    IVA pass Dec '18.
    On the road Jan '19
    GM LQ4 364ci, LS9 cam, Omex 710.
    Tremec T56 Terminator.