Thread: Heat 3

Heat 3

just installing the heat 3 unit. I have built an aluminium box to house the unit with 50mm inlet holes on the left and right vertical sides.

Before I drill 50mm holes in the stainless foot wells. Can anyone show me where they installed their holes......ideally want to install half way along foot well and high up but don't want to clash with anything on the engine and then have to patch and relocate. Any photos of install or engine bay gratefully received.

I will be installing Chevy 383 naturally aspirated.

J
    AK Cobra started 06/19
    Chevy 383 Stroker, TKO 600
    See my build on instagram: Julesdm14

Hi J.

I put my Heat 3 in a box just like yours, with the ducts going to the very top of the footwells.

Heater Fitted. by AKCobraBuild, on Flickr

Connection to the fuel rail by AKCobraBuild, on Flickr

I'm using an LS3 in a Gen 3 chassis with the ducting going to the top of the heater box and as you can see, there's plenty of room.

N.
    AK Gen 3 with LS3. Build start January 2019

www.flickr.com/photos/marlinbuild/

Nigel

I have to be honest......i copied your design! Aluminium sheet 1mm etc etc..... 150mm M8 bolts through to secure and riv nuts to the bulk head......but it would appear from lack of response only you and i have used the HEAT 3.....I will stick the inlets where you have. I just didnt want it to draw from close to the foot well blown warm air, straight back in....got to keep your feet warm .

Jules
    AK Cobra started 06/19
    Chevy 383 Stroker, TKO 600
    See my build on instagram: Julesdm14

Hi Jules

You are very welcome.

One lesson learnt for me.............

Put the 150mm bolts in from the bottom of the box with the nuts on the top. That way the bolts and the heater can come out again. The other way around, it won't.............

So mine's been fitted twice now !!

And I am very near to my first engine start so I will shortly be able to say whether it works or not.

When Jon first mentioned to me about using the Heat 3 I got the impression that nobody else (except perhaps AK) had used it before. So I hope all is OK.

All the best with your build.

Nigel
    AK Gen 3 with LS3. Build start January 2019

www.flickr.com/photos/marlinbuild/