Remote oil cooler take off adapter help

Having had my minor disaster with my car dumping its oil down the road due to a lose remote oil cooler take off adapter, I have purchased a different style which I hope will work better.
    I have bought a Mopcal unit which does seem to be the correct fitting according to their lists, however it is quite a bit smaller diameter than the existing unit and the inside diameter does seem a little smaller than the diameter of the mating face on the engine. Although the outer diamter does seem to match the mating face nicely.
    I have taken a few pictures and would appreciate any expert thoughts regarding how important this might be. I really dont want to blow my engine having just managed to luckily avoid it when driving.

20191006_174028.jpg20191006_173202.jpg20191002_181800 (1).jpg
    Paul

SRV8 - 429 Ford Big Block, 4 speed toploader

Can help with your specific question other than to say it looks fine and interested in the fittings as I have a similar challenge with a oil cooler that is not thermostatically controlled so about to purchase a Mocal take off adapter like yours but with a built in thermostat. Suspect it will have the same 1/2" BSP internal fittings but not sure of the fitting on the end of the oil lines and therefore the adapters that will be required.

Your original fitting has a male to male fitting - I assume the Mocal take off internal fitting is a 1/2 BSP" but what is the other end which fits into the oil line - are you just going to use the 90 degree hose ends or replace them with straights?? You hoses look like mine and therefore the fittings need to be cut off it they need to be changed?

Thanks (and good luck!).

Just make sure its for a 429 and not a 390/427/428 FE - assuming you;re engine is not an FE?

By the way, my take-off hose connections routinely leak - and its PITA to try and fix
    Mine is the square type of take off, which is a truly shite piece of engineering design.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I am pretty impressed with this unit, it seems to be nice quality and the 3/4" thread onto the oil filter thread is a much better fit than my old unit.
    It is made of two pieces, the main body and then the mushroom screw cap which threads onto the engine.
    The Mocal site simply says it fits all USA Fords ! and dozens of other cars. You just change the threaded caps which fit the same body.

The outlets are 1/2" BSP. Im going to see if my fittings work or more likely get then changed to straight.

I think I will just try it out as it seems to be ok, and I guess as long as the seal face looks like a good fit it is fine.
    I will do some pics once installed.
    Paul

SRV8 - 429 Ford Big Block, 4 speed toploader