Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter Lay Up

Quote Originally Posted by clive a brown View Post
    Na it's the arthritis, that's why I had the gay power steering!!!
    Thats why Im having to lay the cob up for a while. I'm having a new shoulder joint as the arthritis in the joint is bad. BIONIC MAN !! should be fun going through Heathrow Metal detectors !
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 3.5 Litre Rover V8 Towing an Eriba Puck Caravan

i put mine on tire dollies battery conditioner charger and forget about

I just park mine up on carpet that was removed from a carpet
    change from my house, sad I know, don't put the battery on charge and that's it. Never had a problem.

Andy

I drive all year round and run 50% antifreeze to ensure clean passages in the cooling system. My garage is too damp to allow it to sit still I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    For various reasons I'm not going to be able to use the cob for around 5-6 months (NO you cant borrow it !)
    Would it be best to put the thing up on axle stands with the wheels off or just let it sit on the ground with wheels on?
    Hi Ken, I do what has already been advised, ie blow the tyres up to around 35 psi, disconnect battery with isolator switch , check antifreeze etc, except when i get the engine up to temp once a month , i also drive up and down our close , and give the brakes a work out to stop the brake pistons sticking . Before I cover it up to keep next doors cat off the paint work and give it a bit pf protection when i constantly squeeze by it ,i also put the roof on over winter, which stops the roof material shrinking . i once left the roof in the boot over winter and couldn't get it to stretch enough to reach the clips when i came to fit it again in the spring

Paul
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12