Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bumper grommets

Yes please, i'm after a set.

Terry

After a LOT of searching I found these for my AK. Although not oval, they're a bit softer than usual grommets so have some flex meaning the oval hole is no issue. I'm pleased with them. Check measurements will fit of course. Annoyingly the postage was £7 but that's still £10 all in so not as costly as other options.

https://www.electricalcarservices.co...ks-of-5/p-4038

They look a good alternative option. I have come across a few custom rubber grommet manufacturers in the U.k. and it would be interesting on a volume quote. I would need dimensions for a quote and everyone wins. Eliminates import and shipping tax. I am sure we can find a U.k. supplier. There seems a lot of interest.

How about oval stainless steel escutcheons to cover the area around the nudge bar supports? I’m sure I’ve seen them on some cars, they’d cover up any “issues” with the hole and looking pretty good in polished stainless or powder coated black...... I’m sure they could be laser cut pretty cheaply......
    Simon
    Last edited by simon; 14-10-19 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Sp

Ok gents, I’ve been in touch with someone who’s going to the states in 2 weeks. I’m going to order 10 sets and will let you all know when they’re in the country (3-4 weeks?) we’ll just divvy up the cost then.
    Simon

Thanks for reminding me, I have some of the oval stainless steel cover plates. Somewhere in the loft, bought a long time ago with my side pipes and quick lifts from Gary at sidepipes now gone.

I'll have a set please if there is enough to go around. Not at that stage yet but if there's a saving to be had....
    Ade

Hi Simon,

Put me down for a set. Worth making sure they have enough in stock.

Actually I think my old ones are serviceable so. I don't think I need a set.

I got a set from the us and cost 45 dollars, all in. I fitted them to my RAM today and the front end got more stable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast