Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter29 View Post
    Yeowch, which practice was that ??
    I haven't been to a dentist in 20 years so I picked the closest to me - Cedar Road Dental Practice in Abington.. and nobody* is accepting NHS patients, of course!

*I'm sure *someone* will be, because I think at least one practice has to be?
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by philbrad73 View Post
    For £70 + £250 to look at it, I'd be expecting a full show as well, including dancing girls
    And a happy ending !?
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

I'll let you know if you should change dentist on Friday afternoon, David
    My DeDion build diary..

No need to change dentists, David And in the end only cost me £70 as they did, well, nothing. Looked at them, offered me a filling (but couldn't guarantee it would last 12 months) or filing it down even and I declined. X-Rayed two teeth and said they couldn't see any cracks but also couldn't guarantee the teeth wouldn't randomly die off at some future time Should have saved myself the £70!

Arranged to collect the engine next weekend, went out to the Range Rover this weekend and .. "Restricted Performance" and a red warning triangle - seems the turbo actuator(s) have seized through lack of use and need freeing off. Of course .. it's now snowing. Grr.
    My DeDion build diary..

Leaving modern cars to sit is a problem as I’ve found out - I had to jump start the hybrid Lexus with the 40 year old V8 kit car. The irony. The electric handbrake had done for it. Typical for the Range Rover not to be functioning when you need a 4x4 - maybe the actuators aren’t resistant to snow. Good luck getting it sorted, are you where you want to be with the Cobra build progress ? I’ve followed this thread but can’t work out if you’re on schedule ?
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Aaron/Schedule.......not seen those words together in a sentence before
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter29 View Post
    Leaving modern cars to sit is a problem as I’ve found out - I had to jump start the hybrid Lexus with the 40 year old V8 kit car. The irony. The electric handbrake had done for it. Typical for the Range Rover not to be functioning when you need a 4x4 - maybe the actuators aren’t resistant to snow. Good luck getting it sorted, are you where you want to be with the Cobra build progress ? I’ve followed this thread but can’t work out if you’re on schedule ?
    I almost feel like you might be taking the wee, David if I was on schedule I'd have finished some time in 2014 in time for my mates 40th and our drive to Monaco. Fortunate for me, the drive to Monaco never happened and I've still got a couple of years left before his 50th! Assuming we're allowed out of the country by then..

The RRS is drivable, just lacking in power (variable geometry turbos so I imagine they are stuck on the equivalent of having the wastegate open).. although I think it'll stay on the drive for a day or two until the snow clears - I watched a double decker bus come out of a T junction sideways and violently slam the back end into the opposite kerb when we popped out yesterday! A passenger got off at the next stop looking a tad shaken, and the bus driver then decided to tailgate a row of cars down the hill (toward Lumbertubs)

I still have a list of things to sort on the Cobra, which if I break it down into the big things is (I think):
    Finish the wiring in the engine bay (requires the engine)
    Finish the fuel hoses in the engine bay (requires the engine)
    Finish the coolant hoses (requires the .. you get the idea)
    Finish the last section of clutch line (requires..)
    Finish the headers (ditto)
    Carpets (does not require the engine, yay!)
    Tarty bits not required for IVA like the oil cooler, Ctek charging port, bonnet scoop cut into the bonnet
    Tyres! Still need tyres that will pass IVA (either on the Jag wheels or the knock-ons)
    If knock-ons, a set of IVA friendly centre nuts

Somewhere paint, but possibly post IVA for that

Done by March?
    My DeDion build diary..

The RRS is drivable, just lacking in power (variable geometry turbos so I imagine they are stuck on the equivalent of having the wastegate open)..

Assuming it's a TDV8?
    It's probably got one or both of the Turbo actuators seized through lack of use.
    My Vogue had been parked up for a year when I bought it.
    Had the same problem.
    The right hand one is easy to get to.
    WD40 and a bit of encouragement job done.
    The left hand side is a nightmare to get at but managed it eventually with a long screwdriver and a long spray tube.
    Touch wood been OK since.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

Yep, TDV8 and that was my conclusion too - I'm not sure which "Turbo B" is (left or right) according to the IIDTool, but I figure both probably need some attention.. of course I started with the left, which I'll be buggered if I can see

I've done a lot of Googling and there are precious few pictorial examples of where to "aim", but I think the right hand side is directly above the driveshaft area? Left hand side will be the same but apparently the diff gets in the way? I couldn't see them when I stuck my head in the wheel arch but I think this is the very back of the turbo on the passenger side:

That the right sort of area to be looking in Kev? (The owners forum seems to have gone right off the boil lately so haven't had many pointers there other than to threads I've already read!)
    My DeDion build diary..

The left hand one is as you say right above the diff.
    I found a way to get at it with along screwdriver past an exhaust heatshield I think it was.
    Whilst trying to spray it through a small gap above the diff.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast