Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
    That sounds about right - I guessed those heatshields were there to stop the turbos cooking the suspension and wiring, so they were probably hiding somewhere in that vicinity. I'll have another go tomorrow

I've seen the Disco boys (one turbo on the TDV6 I think?) go in from above, but that means taking the battery & ECU trays out which looks like a right palava, and even then you're still trying to poke at them with a long pokey thing down an almost blind gap! Probably a job LR consider "body off" like 50% of the maintenance jobs..
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter29 View Post
    And a happy ending !?
    ....yes I watched that on HBO too - bloody funny!
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Not taking the P Aaron, although I can now see how my choice of using the word "schedule" was a poor one. I hope you are on track-ish then I am slightly amused that you mention le Mans twice - I thought there was some other function happening this year in which the car would hopefully play a part ??

I hope that the turbos get sorted soon, you and the engine are re-united, you resist the urge to test your teeth on the milling machine and everyone lives happily ever after...
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    .... you're still trying to poke at them with a long pokey thing down an almost blind gap! Probably a job LR consider "body off" like 50% of the maintenance jobs..
    Would an endoscope attached to your mobile phone help ? I've got one you could borrow and before Dek asks, no I didn't pinch it from the Gynae dept....

Re: the mill - I saw someone 3D print a plastic knee handle recently.. that's probably a safer choice for me and a lot less likely to knock out a tooth!

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter29 View Post
    Would an endoscope attached to your mobile phone help ? I've got one you could borrow and before Dek asks, no I didn't pinch it from the Gynae dept....
    Funny you should say that - I have an endoscope and was going to do just that; until I went looking this morning and realised I couldn't find it. Turns out I lent it to a friend a couple of years(!) ago so ordered a newer style mobile-phone powered one this morning for the princely sum of £25! They've come down in price a lot.. booked Thursday & Friday off work to lay in the wet and poke about till I find 'em Thanks for the offer though!
    My DeDion build diary..

Give me a shout if yours doesn’t turn up in time. I’ve used it in a couple of scenarios, but a bit like ultrasound scans I can’t always tell what I’m looking at or which way up it is.

Cheers David, apprecaited! My "10pm" delivery yesterday has turned into Wednesday.. first time Prime has ever done that to me and I assume it's probably to do with the weather (even the bin lorry just got stuck up our road ) - if it doesn't arrive I'll give you a shout
    My DeDion build diary..

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536