Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I've attached a picture of two boot hinges. The one on the left is not IVA compliant, there is quite a sharp ridge down the back. You can see the tip is much sharper than the one on the car...

One thing I had to come to terms with is that all of the brightwork has "blown" a bit for sitting too long in the cold, little blisters have appeared in all the chrome. It's now Patina!?

I put the car through IVA before I painted it in case I had to make any changes to the body to get it through. It has take me 4 years to paint it so I'm not fresh on IVA requirements at the moment. The 2 changed areas (SVA to IVA) that gave me the most trouble were the front wheel arches and the headrests. The wheel arches aren't a problem if you get the right wheels and there are plenty of good solutions for the headrests... I cut some out of the seats of my brothers old Merc and welded them into the seats I used (Alfa 147). It was before I got them upholstered so wasn't much extra work, I just swapped the whole top of the frames.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Declan

RV8, Sierra based Viper.
    I'm sure if I give it enough love it will, someday, love me back!?

Hi,
    I can't see your attached pics for some reason?
    That's a shame about the chrome, was it parked outside under a cover?
    The only bit of chrome that's deteriorated on mine is the Edelbrock air filter for so e reason!
    The new wheels will need a pro polish l think though as they've oxidized!
    Parts of the engine have corroded too.
    Doing the same re painting, waiting until after iva. The gelcoat has come up quite well so at least it looks ok for now.
    Had the same issue with my new Richfield seats and had to get some ridiculously tall headrests made up and dismantle the seats to well the tubes in place!

Easier to post photos through a sharing site like Photobucket

Thanks for that...
    Mine are different to both of those, can't remember where l got them from now but l think they are Hillman Imp ones.
    I'll try and post a pic.

Mine are like these: Link though I don't know if they're OK for the IVA

I successfully put my 1991 Sumo Mk2 through the IVA this year - took two attempts, but it only 'didn't pass' on 6 items first time round. Best advice I can give is to download the IVA manual off of the DVLA site and stick to it rigidly - interestingly, the things I thought the car would 'not pass' on passed and the things I thought were OK it 'didn't pass' on - probably a bit of laziness on my part to be fair! You'll notice I haven't used the 'F' word - stay positive and you'll get there BTW - I think I've got Imp boot hinges and they were OK, the boot opening handle stuck out 60mm and so didn't pass - thought this would be OK as if that causes you a problem you've probably come all the way from the front at some sort of speed and trajectory - rules are rules I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Thanks for that...
    Mine are different to both of those, can't remember where l got them from now but l think they are Hillman Imp ones.
    I'll try and post a pic.
    If they are really Hillman Imp hinges then they don't really work that well on a Cobra due to the curved shape, they need to be handed.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Hi ,
    Yes mine look like those, just found the invoice actually.
    They came from Pilgrim on the first order 2005!!!
    I remember them being handed when I fitted them now too.
    So is the consensus they will be fine?
    Must admit l hadn't thought there would be a problem with the boot handle but yes of course it'll be too high like the fuel cap.
    What is used now?

Steve

I am more optimistic now of getting the car done as I have the time now at last and a double garage to work in!

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Hi ,
    Yes mine look like those, just found the invoice actually.
    They came from Pilgrim on the first order 2005!!!
    I remember them being handed when I fitted them now too.
    So is the consensus they will be fine?
    Must admit l hadn't thought there would be a problem with the boot handle but yes of course it'll be too high like the fuel cap.
    What is used now?

Steve
    For the fuel filler cap, if it came from Brasscraft, you can get a lower cap that will pass IVA from them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast