DX54 RSZ Dax Cobra History 2007

I'm trying to piece together the history of my Dax Cobra and in particular how it accumulated 23,415 miles between August 2007 and Dec 2008. If you were the past owner or know the story then it would be great to hear from you - I cant believe it was commuting to work!

Going by its MOT history and low tread on the tyres between 2007 and 2008 I would say the car was used and driven regularly. Could be wrong.

Andy

It seems strange that at the 2008 MOT it has reported of pitted brakes which occur when the car is stood and not used. So the accumulated 24,000 miles over 16 months for cobra is skeptical 1500 miles a month with our weather !Even throw in three or four European tours. Hopefully all will become clear.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    It seems strange that at the 2008 MOT it has reported of pitted brakes which occur when the car is stood and not used. So the accumulated 24,000 miles over 16 months for cobra is skeptical 1500 miles a month with our weather !Even throw in three or four European tours. Hopefully all will become clear.
    reckon its a typo at the test centre and an extra digit got added
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Maybe a replacement speedo was fitted...?
    Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting.

Since 2008 the Speedo readings appear to advance as you would expect. There is a sticker on the car that say Dutch Spring Run 2009 which doesn't correlate with the miles accumulated in 2007 to 2008. If the speedo was replaced presumably it would be adjusted to reflect the vehicles mileage?

As i have already said, 3 advisory for tyres and one fail between 2007 @1523 miles and 2008 @24938 miles. Unless the car was built with old tyres with hardly any tread i would say the car was used daily
    as it got through a set of tyres in one year. Just saying.
    Andy

Dax De Dion 350 sbc