Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Brexit.......Its on.

Full text of new Brexit deal including referring to the Ireland Backstop

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/site...rn_ireland.pdf
    Last edited by Ken; 17-10-19 at 04:49 PM.
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 3.5 Litre Rover V8 Towing an Eriba Puck Caravan

Are the DUP puppies on-board?
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

NOPE.
    I think I can hear a can of worms opening here.

Baz

Its a fucking mess, regardless of how you voted. labour will block on principal, which i think, in the current situation, is foolish and won't wash, whatever the principal. A free vote would be better.
    personally, i don't like the idea of a second referendum, but if the blue rinse lib dems signed up with that to get it through...then, gritted teeth, fine, so long as we dont have to wait for 6 moths to get that sorted.
    Perhaps then....we can then all get on with our lives and live with the consequences. And Cameron's poisonous legacy will draw to a close.
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Am I the only one seeing this ?
    Boris gets his bill through (second reading... first really )
    He knows full well his 3 days for scrutiny and debate will be blocked (no amendments or attempts to frustrate )
    This legaly puts the bill in Limbo (master stoke by Rees -Mog even Bercow didn,t see that coming)
    He then calls for a general election with the fixed term act (no amendments allowed )
    He knows Corbin will refuse (sitting on his fence with his lame webbed foot )
    The EU have already stated no long extension except for a good reason (election or referendum )
    So no long extension ,but a short one to ratify a deal already passed by ALL 27 plus us
    Check mate ???
    Is the 31st Oct passed in parliament (Law) set in stone still deal or no deal or did the Ben act supersede it even though Boris has fulfilled its desire to ask for an extension ?

Two things I'm unsure of after this whole debacle;

1. Will I, and several million others, need to get a new number plate. The one on the boss ladies car has the "Euro" circle of stars in the blue square, if we are no longer in the EU will it become an "illegal" plate over night?

2. Will my coffee machine automatically stay on for longer than 40 minutes and will my coffee still, legally, be drinkable after two hours.

Graham.
    AK gen 1 delivered 05/05/17, on the road shortly!

Quote Originally Posted by Whit427 View Post
    Am I the only one seeing this ?
    Boris gets his bill through (second reading... first really )
    He knows full well his 3 days for scrutiny and debate will be blocked (no amendments or attempts to frustrate )
    This legaly puts the bill in Limbo (master stoke by Rees -Mog even Bercow didn,t see that coming)
    He then calls for a general election with the fixed term act (no amendments allowed )
    He knows Corbin will refuse (sitting on his fence with his lame webbed foot )
    The EU have already stated no long extension except for a good reason (election or referendum )
    So no long extension ,but a short one to ratify a deal already passed by ALL 27 plus us
    Check mate ???
    Is the 31st Oct passed in parliament (Law) set in stone still deal or no deal or did the Ben act supersede it even though Boris has fulfilled its desire to ask for an extension ?
    My reading of this is that we leave on 31st October unless there is an extension in place, a deal in place or Article 50 is revoked. No other options, and the last one can be discounted.
    Ben act mandates an extension request, which has been sent. Forget the silly signature business, letter was sent, and the law complied with.
    Only EU now has the gift to grant extension to prevent no deal.
    EU will sit on fence regarding extension until last poss moment, hoping JC/BJ can come up with a compromise timetable for scrutiny of the bill and pass it. Suspect last minute begrudging extension, EU is sick of brexit, but doesn't want no deal.

Splits:
    Con: go for WBA / push for an election. Early election and no Billl: Brexit Party losses. Go for Bill= amendments/concensions=ERG start squeeling. Damned from the Right or damned from the Right,
    Lab: go for election or hold out for (actually I'm not sure for what...frustrate 31st Oct? ....but that's already a given? ....so....better weather? ). Post WBA election= hand BoJo his prize, but fight on austerity issues vs block WBA and election....and hope for better pole ratings????
    EU: Shortest poss extension to focus minds in parliament vs 31st Jan, maybe BJ out and LibDems command a 2nd Ref under a hung parliament?
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Bugger ....not thought of the Lib dems with their newly elected fast tracked leader
    With an accent like that what ,s the betting she rolls out the Paaaaasty taaax again
    What a mess
    Even worse the Labour party are considering their own fast tracked gender swap at the top (to be fair! no accounting for ability )
    So can you imagine the short list D,A ....E,T ....OR "Jog on bab " J,P
    Imagine Labour sending their crack team to negotiate a "better" deal with Monsieur Michel Barnier
    I shudder at the thought
    J

The Corbyn position is 'muddled'.....and that's about thee best that can be said!
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Well on to a GE. I always voted Labour untill Blair appeared then I stopped voting.
    As my MP was parachuted into a safe seat I wont vote for him so its either the Independant or Brexit party.
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 3.5 Litre Rover V8 Towing an Eriba Puck Caravan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast