Airlie Beach, Queensland, Green with gold stripes

Enjoying the 29 degrees at 8.30 this morning, on the way in to Airlie Beach in the Whitsundays from Proserpine. I couldn’t recognise the kit, don’t think it was a UK one. Reg was O-COB-O.

Cobra ownership in this part of Australia must be interesting, it is very hot (just into Spring atm) The speed limit is restrictive, and most people stick to it. There can’t be many police per square mile, but they do seem to pop up now and again !

It would drive me nuts...
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter29 View Post
    Enjoying the 29 degrees at 8.30 this morning, on the way in to Airlie Beach in the Whitsundays from Proserpine. I couldn’t recognise the kit, don’t think it was a UK one. Reg was O-COB-O.

Cobra ownership in this part of Australia must be interesting, it is very hot (just into Spring atm) The speed limit is restrictive, and most people stick to it. There can’t be many police per square mile, but they do seem to pop up now and again !

It would drive me nuts...
    Hey Judith you’ve definitely taken over the Chalmer’s mantle now! What’s the itinerary? You did well to spot a Cobra in such a vast country. Per square mile they’ve got to be pretty thin on the ground. Plenty of outback to give it some ‘beans’ though.
    Oh and if it’s driving you nuts-take that steering wheel out of your pants!
    Hope you and Kay have a good holiday.
    Dek

I was amazed to see one ! I saw it a kilometer away but had to get a lot closer before I confirmed the sighting and then was able to talk to the driver when he got caught at the lights - he may have been alarmed by some of the overtaking manoeveur the Hyundai behind him was attempting....

Even in the wilds people obey they speed limit, and I did see PC plod appear out of nowhere to nick someone who overtook me a few miles previous - similarly to when I got nicked in Florida a few years back on a deserted dual carriageway at 9.30 PM coming out of Kennedy Space station 2 cars hidden behind a shrub - apparently 85 mph wasn't acceptable for such a deserted road as it is in the UK - $360 fine, have a nice day ! (not).

Good joke about the steering wheel Dek !
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.