Can anyone tell me what air filter fits this please?

Can anyone tell me what air filter fits this please? (and where to get one if it's an oddity).
    Car is a UA Python, Ford 289 engine, Edelbrock carb.
    Thanks for info.
    Andy
    AirF2.jpg

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but I would of thought putting a filter on that would restrict the intake of air and rob you of some horses ?
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

This is similar, but I don't think it's identical. The "mesh" is different, but perhaps that's all they changed for production reasons. What's interesting (as I was thinking along the lines of Tinka's post) is they state it comes with a re-useable foam filter.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...4912/overview/

Summit appears to sell the whole thing under their own brand for quite a bit less:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-239036/overview/

You may want to try the UK versions of E-bay and Amazon to see if they sell the Spectre one.
    John

“A prudent person profits from personal experience, a wise one from the experience of others.”

I equally do not know what specific off the shelf filter will fit the set up you have, but you appear to have opposing dish shaped gauzes creating a void between them? My guess would be a simple foam circle of say 10mm thick should do the trick......possibly? Hopefully somebody with infinitely more knowledge of this will be along shortly.
    Best anti speeding device - a rear view mirror with a police car in it.
    A pedestrian - someone who thought there was still a couple of gallons in the tank.
    AK Chassis and body collected 12.12.14

maybe something like pipercross, or other foam air filter.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I now know the name of this thing ( it's a Velocity Stack) and that's made it easy to Google to find out more about it. As a result I've ordered some air filter foam from Ebay.
    Thanks again.
    Andy

The problem with foam filters is the risk of fire in the event of a spitback through the carb. They can also perish over time and drop bits of foam into the carb. Personally I'd recommend ditching the velocity stack and replacing it with a standard air filter assembly. If it's a 5 1/8" flange then any filter suitable for a Holley or Edelbrock carb should fit.

It looks as though you have a glass fuel filter - again, for safety reasons I'd recommend ditching that too and replacing it with a plastic or all metal one. Finally, the metal plug lead separators aren't ideal, as there's a risk of them cutting through the insulation and causing the plug leads to short to earth through them. So some small rubber U seal, or wire grommets cut so that you can push them over the leads, would be my recommendation.

Other than that, a nice tidy looking engine bay!
    Alan

CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)
    Dax 427 DeDion - Huddart SBC 383

Alan - thanks for the info - all good advice.

No problem Andy. If you were nearer to me I have a couple of spare air filter bases of different "drop" depths in the loft that you could use to check if a standard Holley/Edelbrock filter will fit. I don't recognise your carb - out of curiosity, do you know what make/model it is?
    Alan

CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)
    Dax 427 DeDion - Huddart SBC 383