Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hey Aaron, its not mine but a mates car, which he's heavily modified for track use. We made some caliper carriers not so long ago to fit VW Touareg 6 pot front calipers for example!

Stronger gears are the only really sensible option. He's already running around 400hp and is currently fabricating a new exhaust system to add a larger twin scroll turbo which he thinks will have it nudging 500. Add slicks to the equation and the standard 5 speed is only really hanging on due to careful use. Its amazing its lasted this long.

It really wants a full race box but £10-12k isn't in his budget, whereas I think with some creative shipping (ie someone puts them in a suitcase!) he can get hold of a 3/4 straight cut synchro set out of the US for around £1500.
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Ah yes - nothing is going to find the weak bits like putting gobs of power down through racing slicks!
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12