Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Scissor lift

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Norton Cross
    Posts
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by 427jlc View Post
    If you are going to spend £1500, the wheels at £180 is not much more? Also with the space in your garage why would you want to move it??
    You need the wheels to get it off the pallet, unless you have an engine crane (which I used to have but then sold - doh!).
    Follow my progress here http://petesakcobra.blogspot.com

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Norton Cross
    Posts
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatwick Axe Man View Post
    This one any good? Not sure where you are as delivery looks a bit pricey but does say forklift delivery.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/great-Ex-...0AAOSwaalb~tQp

    Graham.
    Yes - saw these as well - but by the time you add the postage they're almost the same as Automotech
    Follow my progress here http://petesakcobra.blogspot.com

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,237
    Yep I have a engine crane.......
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

    cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,237
    ..............haha just thinking, you can hire for £180/day!!!
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

    cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Finchampstead, Berkshire, UK.
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by peterj1974 View Post
    You need the wheels to get it off the pallet, unless you have an engine crane (which I used to have but then sold - doh!).
    Buy crane, move lift, sell crane ££££

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Stourport on Severn
    Age
    61
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    Strange. None of those things are things that I've done - standard house breaker, 13A plug.. works fine. (It also came with hydraulic oil, although I can't remember if I had to order that with it or not, now.. I don't think so, though!)

    And yes, it weighs 600Kg or so, palletised, of which about 100Kg must be motor and the other 500Kg is the platform! Don't expect to drag it around single handed unless the surface is like a billiard table (and level)..
    good to hear it worked for you. I followed the advice of the supplier who advised that they had installations that popped standard breakers hence they recommended 16A ‘c’ curve that apparently cope with high current for a longer period when the pump starts. My house lights noticeably dim when the motor starts so must be a close thing.

    ref the wheels, I wouldn’t fancy installing one without them. On. A flat surface I found it’s possible to manoeuvre the lift on your own.
    Cheers
    Steve

    My missus asked me to build her a Cobra! – How good is that!

    AK Gen2 chassis arrived 12/2/15 IVA Passed 2/7/18 on road 29/7/18
    http://stevesakcobrabuild.blogspot.com

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Norton Cross
    Posts
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches94 View Post
    good to hear it worked for you. I followed the advice of the supplier who advised that they had installations that popped standard breakers hence they recommended 16A ‘c’ curve that apparently cope with high current for a longer period when the pump starts. My house lights noticeably dim when the motor starts so must be a close thing.

    ref the wheels, I wouldn’t fancy installing one without them. On. A flat surface I found it’s possible to manoeuvre the lift on your own.


    I'm thinking of going for this one as well now. Main reason is the others have a longer platform and ramps - meaning there's a chance the wheels may sit on the ramps making it difficult to operate.
    Follow my progress here http://petesakcobra.blogspot.com

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cowbridge, United Kingdom
    Age
    61
    Posts
    9,916
    I hmm'd and aaarrgh'd about about it and ended up buying one of these in the end.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Post-Li...72.m2749.l2649
    Quite happy with it so far.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    East Leake, Nottinghamshire, England.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    9,511
    Quote Originally Posted by kdavies3 View Post
    I hmm'd and aaarrgh'd about about it and ended up buying one of these in the end.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Post-Li...72.m2749.l2649
    Quite happy with it so far.
    Must say if I had the money that would be my choice every time, due to the fact it doesn't restrict your access as much.
    Martin

    351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

    Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8


  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Norton Cross
    Posts
    505
    Hi Kev
    Did you install this yourself? And what floor have you bolted it to?

    Thanks
    Pete

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •