Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scissor lift

Hi Peter,
    yes self installed.
    It comes on a pallet.
    I did it on my own but I would recommend having a bit muscle to help if available.
    Like most things it's made in China and the instructions are useless.
    But the supplier in the UK was great with email and phone calls.
    I needed to drill 10 holes into the concrete floor of the garage (mines about 6" thick).
    It's supplied with the ground anchor bolts.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

Quote Originally Posted by kdavies3 View Post
    I hmm'd and aaarrgh'd about about it and ended up buying one of these in the end.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Post-Li...72.m2749.l2649
    Quite happy with it so far.
    Looks similar to mine that except it looks like it has a a pole which extend out the top as it lifts which may be an interference issue with ceiling, git free delivery on mine as I’m reasonably close to supplier (about 40 miles). And wheels came too.
    If you can’t install one you probably shouldn’t be building a car.

my ceiling is 2.5m and the pole is hydraulic cylinder.
    I can raise the ramp to it's max and still clear the ceiling.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

scissor lift

If you have height restrictions and don't want any access issues then the Automotech services ltd AS-7532B 3.2T mid rise lift is good, had mine for several years now with no troubles, good build quality, and service from company, fitted to 6" concrete floor with supplied fixing bolts, and just plugs into 13amp plug socket with no troubles, its heavy to move with one person, but using bar and rollers it can be done, it does not come with hydraulic oil hope this helps
    DAX TOJEIRO DE DION
    CHEVY SB 383 STROKER 6.2Ltr 450 Hp
    Tremec TKO 3550 3.54.1 Jag Diff
    RCR Mk 1 GT 40 in build

For those with only wooden sheds to work in, I'd definitely recommend one of these...

https://www.automotechservices.co.uk...-tilting-lift/

Was great for painting too as just put it up about 500mm which gave good access top and bottom. Wouldn't use it on anything too heavy but grand for the Cobra and small cars (used it for mx5 and Mazda 3). Its a good workout winding it up (and down) and it is a bit of a carry, but it leans against the wall neatly. I had some 1mm stainless sheet to stop it digging into the wooden floor.

Obviously I'm saving up for a proper house with a proper garage and a proper lift so thanks for the info on the other lifts...this one is definitely better than trolley jacks and axle stands though!
    Cheers
    Declan

RV8, Sierra based Viper.
    I'm sure if I give it enough love it will, someday, love me back!?

I’ve now ordered the automotech AS7530.
    It arrives on Tuesday so I’ll post some pics and initial thoughts.
    The strongman I thought might be a bit too long for the AK. It was also the most expensive.
    I liked the equipment 4 garages lift and probably would have gone for this one as a number of AK owners recommended this. But when I spoke to E4G they were now selling a different make and model. It looked pretty good but as I didn’t know anyone else using it I decided against it.
    Cheers
    Pete

Yes please let us know. I want one badly with my narrow garage
    Regards
    Gav
    AK Ls1/t56
    Body on April 2014
    Passed IVA March 2017
    Registered April 2017.

i'd love one of the automech lifts, but would like to have it flush mount with the floor - they only seem to do a full rise one like that as far as i can see.
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Yeah i bought a second hand one with the wheels and a handle thing to move it around occassionally
    13 A plug seems fine, mines a Eurotek 3000kg. But only has the hydraulic parachute valves as a lock so being a little uncomfortable with that i add two larges bits of wood to chock it in case of failure. just a phobia. Add a kneeling mats and bobs yer ankle, best investment ever,

chock up the cobra just on two lengths of hardwood so just softens the contact between the chassis and lift

Strongman for me which suits my AK perfectly, if I had to be picky I needed to make a pair of 2" pads which raises the wheels when driving onto the lift. This is more to do with the front wheels as they drop off the front of the lift as without the rear wheels being slightly raised the side pipe anchor bolt scraps the top of the lift platform

Attached Images Attached Images
    AK Gen 1, SBC 350, 3.54PL Diff, Getrag - Build Start 03/09/2010 Passed IVA 01/09/2014 On the Road 01/10/2014

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast