Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Update:

Got the car back today and she looks amazing - only seen photos as away in Amsterdam, so will try and post some when I get to a computer.

It seems our issue may be that the exhaust headers are leaking - mainly because they have a chunk of weld missing so are definitely leaking!!

Fingers crossed when we get those fixed she'll run sweet as a nut.

Kit has arrived.....follow my progress here at my blog:
    http://marksak427.blogspot.co.uk

AK 427 Gen II
    Chevy SB 350
    Tremec TKO 600

Well.....that's the plan at the moment!

Welcome to the money pit......

Lets hope its as easy as that!
    Classic Replica Viper currently in build

Ha, the joys of cobra ownership!!! Good luck with it, hopefully all will be well

I thought I had big problems with my Chevy and the builder diagnosed it over the phone as a slightly loose manifold. Sounded just like something banging inside to me. He built my engine and is a Chevy expert based in Peterbough if you want his details let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Howoodie View Post
    I thought I had big problems with my Chevy and the builder diagnosed it over the phone as a slightly loose manifold. Sounded just like something banging inside to me. He built my engine and is a Chevy expert based in Peterbough if you want his details let me know
    Thanks for the offer, will come back to you if fixing the leaky manifold doesn't solve the issue, but I think it might as when the nearside manifold came off it was clear that only the top half of the pipes had been welded, the bottom half of the pipe was not welded at all....on all 4 pipes!!

Not sure how we missed it the first time round.

My post may be a little late after all of the great advice but you can buy break in additive that is normally a good option when early engine break in as it has zinc etc that modern engine oils don’t have anymore, that said most sbc’s i Know run Millers 20/50 so when I broke mine in 1/2 a bottle to an oil fill then ran it as stated earlier in a post, then drained and changed filter and repeated the process.
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

Quote Originally Posted by mark chambers View Post
    My post may be a little late after all of the great advice but you can buy break in additive that is normally a good option when early engine break in as it has zinc etc that modern engine oils don’t have anymore, that said most sbc’s i Know run Millers 20/50 so when I broke mine in 1/2 a bottle to an oil fill then ran it as stated earlier in a post, then drained and changed filter and repeated the process.
    Thanks Mark,

I have purchased some Comp Cams zinc additive and once the exhaust headers are fixed we will pop that in and go through the cam break in procedure.

Might be a little late, bit at least we will be able to get the car running for 20-30 minutes and check everything is ok.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123