Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rain :(

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    Anyone else pissed off with the weather?
    My car has been sat in the garage for over 4 weeks now and not budged, apart from a brief start-up test last week.
    It seems every time I plan a trip out there is rain, drizzle or a storm hits, and then the weather clears in time for a family diary commitment which rules out a drive.
    This has got to be the wettest autumn on record?
    Yep , i sure am, took the cob out a few times lately ,even though it was cold, there was nice sunny blue skies, then half an hour into each drive, rain clouds appeared form no where, and i got drenched.

Less so the weather and more the time of year .. I am tired of filling the brown bin with leaves from all the trees.
    Know what you mean ,we have 4 large trees down the side of our house, lovely in the summer, but when they drop their leaves , omg they go everywhere , 4" deep all over the front garden and drive ,and all over the road ,paths and close , and it took me half a day to rake the sods up, and filled 3 wheelie bins rammed to the top. i dont mind raking them up off the grass, its when they get wet and compressed after all the cars have squished them on the road , they are a sod to get up.
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

I just checked - October had 60% more rainfall in the SE compared top seasonal average.
    Must be 200%+ up North then.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Its been crap up here...ok today though and tomorrow (in work) off thurs fri sat sun, (all pissin down....)
    AK Ls1/t56
    Body on April 2014
    Passed IVA March 2017
    Registered April 2017.

We've wanted to tour Scotland in the Cobra for quite some time - but have been putting it off due to the potentially 'inclement' Scottish weather

This year we thought ‘sod it’ and booked up for a 3 week tour of the North West in August / September (to miss the midges).

Everywhere we went the locals kept saying it was the wettest summer for a long time with one chap in Durness going as far as saying it was the wettest summer since 1986!

On the plus side - when the sun did shine, the roads, views and the waterfalls were all stunning

Hi glip (name?)

This is something we are looking at doing next year with the local Westfield club - do you have any hints and tips you could divulge please?

We'd all be coming up from around Leeds, West Yorks way

cheers
    Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Don't know what's up with you, I've had my V8 two seater out almost every day. You're all too soft......

I'm trying to think up a good response but I know it will end up as - Have you bought Audrey her Merc yet?!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tonym View Post
    Don't know what's up with you, I've had my V8 two seater out almost every day. You're all too soft......
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

He's only bragging Charlie, if he doing at least one cut and blow a day. He's raking it in😉

Well Charlie, have you??? 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by tonym View Post
    But yours has a roof and (probably) doesn't leak (yet, give it time)
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast