Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rain :(

Hybrid View

Rain :(

Anyone else pissed off with the weather?
    My car has been sat in the garage for over 4 weeks now and not budged, apart from a brief start-up test last week.
    It seems every time I plan a trip out there is rain, drizzle or a storm hits, and then the weather clears in time for a family diary commitment which rules out a drive.
    This has got to be the wettest autumn on record?
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I would love some rain to wash the salt off the roads!
    Cheers, Clive

(If I'm not here, I'm either in my new workshop or on the golf course!)

Less so the weather and more the time of year .. I am tired of filling the brown bin with leaves from all the trees.

"What a beautiful tree lined avenue," she said. "Let's move here," she said.
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    Less so the weather and more the time of year .. I am tired of filling the brown bin with leaves from all the trees.

"What a beautiful tree lined avenue," she said. "Let's move here," she said.
    - have to say I don't bother - the copper beech in our front garden has covered the lawn in leaves, which I just leave.
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Totally agree with you Kev, crap weather, I can't even push the car out to do the finishing jobs, annoying now it's painted, taxed, insured etc.....that's why I can't take any pics to write up the bodywork changes I had done........gggrrrrrrrrr.
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    - have to say I don't bother - the copper beech in our front garden has covered the lawn in leaves, which I just leave.
    But then the grass dies.. or, on the driveway, they start turning into soil - plus they tend to collect up against the house, which just promotes damp (already a problem in a 1930s house).

Heck, I even swept the (long) pavement down the side of the house - the public pavement, that is - the other day, because the council can't be arsed to do that anymore (despite council tax being almost £3k for most of the houses here) - it was inches deep in leaf mould, and slippery as all hell. Granted, I swept those into the road (where they remain, blocking the drains, because the council don't sweep the gutters anymore either)..
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Roll on Spring!! At least it's sunny today........even if the roads are still wet due to the run off from waterlogged ground!! It's certainly been a wet one. I've been in the workshop with the rain tapping on the roof, fitted a new baffled high capacity oil pan (Canton), now looking at making up an aluminium sump guard. Ordered the aluminium, the next wet day will be good time to start. Meanwhile, I will enjoy the sunshine today and look forward to some better weather!! Realistically, it's a few months off though...............

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    But then the grass dies.. or, on the driveway, they start turning into soil - plus they tend to collect up against the house, which just promotes damp (already a problem in a 1930s house).

Heck, I even swept the (long) pavement down the side of the house - the public pavement, that is - the other day, because the council can't be arsed to do that anymore (despite council tax being almost £3k for most of the houses here) - it was inches deep in leaf mould, and slippery as all hell. Granted, I swept those into the road (where they remain, blocking the drains, because the council don't sweep the gutters anymore either)..
    Welcome to bankrupt Northampton! I’ve got the same problems Aaron. The town is full of unswept leaves causing slippery paths, fractured hips, a local hospital that has suspended routine ops for 4 months to cope with that winter demand, road closures due to flooding probably due to blocked drains and gridlocked roads due to housing over development. And a Council that are not capable of joining these dots. How did we get on to this? Time for a chill pill I think!
    Dek
    Last edited by Dek; 21-11-19 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    Anyone else pissed off with the weather?
    My car has been sat in the garage for over 4 weeks now and not budged, apart from a brief start-up test last week.
    It seems every time I plan a trip out there is rain, drizzle or a storm hits, and then the weather clears in time for a family diary commitment which rules out a drive.
    This has got to be the wettest autumn on record?
    Yep , i sure am, took the cob out a few times lately ,even though it was cold, there was nice sunny blue skies, then half an hour into each drive, rain clouds appeared form no where, and i got drenched.

Know what you mean ,we have 4 large trees down the side of our house, lovely in the summer, but when they drop their leaves , omg they go everywhere , 4" deep all over the front garden and drive ,and all over the road ,paths and close , and it took me half a day to rake the sods up, and filled 3 wheelie bins rammed to the top. i dont mind raking them up off the grass, its when they get wet and compressed after all the cars have squished them on the road , they are a sod to get up.
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

I just checked - October had 60% more rainfall in the SE compared top seasonal average.
    Must be 200%+ up North then.
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast