Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rain :(

Rain :(

Anyone else pissed off with the weather?
    My car has been sat in the garage for over 4 weeks now and not budged, apart from a brief start-up test last week.
    It seems every time I plan a trip out there is rain, drizzle or a storm hits, and then the weather clears in time for a family diary commitment which rules out a drive.
    This has got to be the wettest autumn on record?
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I would love some rain to wash the salt off the roads!
    Cheers, Clive

(If I'm not here, I'm either in my new workshop or on the golf course!)

Less so the weather and more the time of year .. I am tired of filling the brown bin with leaves from all the trees.

"What a beautiful tree lined avenue," she said. "Let's move here," she said.
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    Less so the weather and more the time of year .. I am tired of filling the brown bin with leaves from all the trees.

"What a beautiful tree lined avenue," she said. "Let's move here," she said.
    - have to say I don't bother - the copper beech in our front garden has covered the lawn in leaves, which I just leave.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Totally agree with you Kev, crap weather, I can't even push the car out to do the finishing jobs, annoying now it's painted, taxed, insured etc.....that's why I can't take any pics to write up the bodywork changes I had done........gggrrrrrrrrr.
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    - have to say I don't bother - the copper beech in our front garden has covered the lawn in leaves, which I just leave.
    But then the grass dies.. or, on the driveway, they start turning into soil - plus they tend to collect up against the house, which just promotes damp (already a problem in a 1930s house).

Heck, I even swept the (long) pavement down the side of the house - the public pavement, that is - the other day, because the council can't be arsed to do that anymore (despite council tax being almost £3k for most of the houses here) - it was inches deep in leaf mould, and slippery as all hell. Granted, I swept those into the road (where they remain, blocking the drains, because the council don't sweep the gutters anymore either)..
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Roll on Spring!! At least it's sunny today........even if the roads are still wet due to the run off from waterlogged ground!! It's certainly been a wet one. I've been in the workshop with the rain tapping on the roof, fitted a new baffled high capacity oil pan (Canton), now looking at making up an aluminium sump guard. Ordered the aluminium, the next wet day will be good time to start. Meanwhile, I will enjoy the sunshine today and look forward to some better weather!! Realistically, it's a few months off though...............

went to the Northern cobra meeting on the 10th, was brisk, but stayed dry Not gone out since then - as its been wet and gritters have been out at least once.

As regards to leaves, yep, have the same problem, except the leaves from all the trees end up in our driveway - lol.

Spent 2 hours other week clearing them up from driverway, road and our "garden" across the road filled the brown bin and added same again to compost area - by the end of the following day - all back again as it rained and was windy overnight - doh!

Council do come and clean them - but only once a year if lucky - they are deadly when wet and as we are on a tight bend (albeit 20mph zone) i can see an accident waiting to happen - hence cleaning them up.
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

I can completely agree with the leaves in my drive, and garden , my garden vac is on standby permanently I get everybody's leaves, paper, cartons in my back drive way, it all blows down our one way an as my drive way at the back faces West everything blows in up to my garage door, as for the rain I hate, wish I could move to Tenerife and take the Cobra.....if only..

After watching ford vs ferrari, i thought fck it drive it in the wet anyway

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast