Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Looks fantastic, does anyone present there car for IVA before painting or best to paint it all first?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobragreyhead View Post
    Looks fantastic, does anyone present there car for IVA before painting or best to paint it all first?
    Cheers!

My take on it is that if it is plain gel coat then it may give the tester the impression it is not fully finished, and they may then scrutinise a bit harder to see what else is not finished.

I know people have presented without painting, so clearly not a major issue.

No problem with no paint at IVA they’re not worried what the colour is or finish really, obviously if the gel coat hasn’t been finished very well then you will need to just flat any sharps off. The main thing is to get the correct colour on the paperwork as remember when registering the car you’ll need the same colour to match on paperwork and there is an outside chance they randomly select and actually want to see the car, so that’s when you may get scrutinised a little more if at that point the colours don’t match.

Mark was the engine noise the exhaust headers? I’m interested to know only I’ve just had similar on one header and I trailered the car home not willing to chance it, found header on number 7 was loose since tightened and ran it up 2 days ago and it’s fine, thank god!
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

Quote Originally Posted by mark chambers View Post
    Mark was the engine noise the exhaust headers? I’m interested to know only I’ve just had similar on one header and I trailered the car home not willing to chance it, found header on number 7 was loose since tightened and ran it up 2 days ago and it’s fine, thank god!
    Hi Mark,

Not sure yet....we are getting it back together on Sunday, so should know then.

My gut feeling is it will solve the issue as the header was more leaky than a rusty bucket. It must have been causing all sorts of back pressure issues on the whole of the nearside bank, and I really think it will be fine when we get it back together.

Also we have purchased some nice copper gaskets which should seal nicely.

I'll report back on Sunday and let you know!

you could try silicone bathroom sealant on the gaskets. need to leave it set overnight once all torqued down - messy but works.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Can I ask

Were the headers new or custom made?
    Were they off the shelf items?

One bank of headers with no welds on the underside is a first for me

Good luck I think you’ll have it sorted look forward to hearing the good news.
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

Quote Originally Posted by drammyboy View Post
    Can I ask

Were the headers new or custom made?
    Were they off the shelf items?

One bank of headers with no welds on the underside is a first for me
    They were custom made.

My honest opinion is that someone got distracted whilst welding them, and someone else came along and thought they were finished and put them in the pile of stuff ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    you could try silicone bathroom sealant on the gaskets. need to leave it set overnight once all torqued down - messy but works.
    We will use a bit of high temp sealant just to make sure, but pretty confident the new gasket will perform much better then the old ones we had.

Looks absolutely awesome Mark, good luck with your IVA hopefully I'll not be to far behind you!

Mark
    AK gen2 ls3

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast