Bullet wing mirror

What's the view on bullet wing mirrors and if you've got them fitted, what position in relation to windscreen pillar.

Currently got modified s+j side pillar mounted mirrors which get in the way if side screens are fitted. Looking for a better solution.

Al

I tried one but just couldn't live with the limited vision after the S&J mirrors so went sack to them. They do look nice though just not practical. JMHO

I have heard the same. People comment that the bullet style give limited vision if fixed on the wings. I have seen them fitted half way up the windscreen pillar with an offset bracket to take them forward and away from the side screens.

https://www.europaspares.com/exterio...ess-steel.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jon1d; 23-11-19 at 01:29 PM.

I've got one attached similar to above - its pretty crap. I think you can get a convex lens to go in them which can help a bit.
    I use the dash mirror to check whats behind me intermittently.
    But tbh, after years on a motorbike when I was younger, its like riding my old XBS500 with shaky images and limited rear visibility - on the bike its always been second nature to look over my shoulder to check the blind spot before overtaking, and that when you really need to see whats going on....so not really a problem.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Yes I have the s and j bullet mirrors they look good compared to screen mounted but I think its better looking where you going rather than where you've been !

I have a single side-mirror on the driver's side. It's not quite as useless at one might think. I aimed mine so when I looked into it, I could see back down the side of the car. This makes seeing any attempt of someone passing you reasonably apparent. But, yes... it's not a great help.

Here's some info on installing it plus a pic where you can see it on my car:

John

“A prudent person profits from personal experience, a wise one from the experience of others.”

Stupid question, is this mirror and only one of them IVA compliant? I got bored reading the mirror and visability section of the Gov Doc. Thanks Jules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggbert View Post
    I have a single side-mirror on the driver's side. It's not quite as useless at one might think. I aimed mine so when I looked into it, I could see back down the side of the car. This makes seeing any attempt of someone passing you reasonably apparent. But, yes... it's not a great help.

Here's some info on installing it plus a pic where you can see it on my car:

AK Cobra started 06/19
    Chevy 383 Stroker, TKO 600
    See my build on instagram: Julesdm14

- don't think it is - wont retract and possible sharp edges.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.