Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kevin,

He is open to offers lol He is selling them due to provenance!

"New old stock in there original boxes Genuine Lucas Not Reproduction. This lamps were fitted to the first Etype’s as in the pictures the green etype that went to Geneva 1961 driven by Norman dewis for the first showing of the E-Type very rare never fitted still in there boxes A must for the early etype"

So were they fitted or not very confusing! I might have a set in the loft lol

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post

"New old stock in there original boxes Genuine Lucas Not Reproduction. This lamps were fitted to the first Etype’s as in the pictures; the green etype that went to Geneva 1961 driven by Norman dewis for the first showing of the E-Type. very rare never fitted still in there boxes. A must for the early etype"
    I guess the buyer would need to carry the NOS boxes around with you to every car show and plop them on the bonnet to prove the provenance.
    Seller also needs a tidy up with the Queen's English. Yes, I am a pedant.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Kev, Ive had both types from SVC in the past. I couldn't tell any difference in the dark, they were both poor compared to any surrounding traffic.
    The PL700's look better, so they'd be my choice too, even though they weren't really the cobra fitment of choice back in the day, anyone who was serious fitted Cibie's..
    Regards Steve

Crendon #22

452cu FE with top loader

I’m with you Kev, sloppy spelling drives me more nuts than it should....

Simon: nice to see your with me on that!
    Steve: you may have successfully put me off this upgrade - I can only find pics of an AC Greyhound with P700s, and none with PL700s.
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Kev

I'm in the same boat post you know what.

I couldn't get an awful lot of info re Cobras with PL700s although they were used on the likes of E types and such, nonetheless they will be adorning No1 with some sort of bulb upgrade to suit.

One thing I have come across is the OEM don't seem to have the facility for sidelight bulb or H4 fitting so a good quality replica would be the best bet.

cheers
    Kiel and Duncan (dad and the lad errr young man now)

AHP Crendon Chassis No 1
    Ford FE 434, dual quad, Toploader total old school all the way
    https://www.crendonreplicas.com/
    http://www.absolutehorsepower.co.uk/

Yup, the only exeception is Trevor Legate's AC/Hawk replica that adorns the front his 'Cobra at 40 years' book.
    Crendon Chassis No.49

I think the guy was not of the Queen's English. I have corrected his errors in his original quote so we don't step on the cracks in the paving.

"New old stock in their original boxes Genuine Lucas Not Reproduction. These lamps were fitted to the first E-Type’s as in the pictures; the green E-type that went to Geneva 1961 driven by Norman Dewis for the first showing of the E-Type. Very rare and never fitted still in their boxes. A must for the early E-type"

I like the look of the tripod lights so will be fitting some over the winter to replace my aged lights with PL700 or P700 with LED's.
    Last edited by jon1d; 02-12-19 at 05:00 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12