Engine bay noise and heat insulation

Hi All
    Has anyone ever insulted their engine bay for noise and heat.
    It is just something I am toying with.
    Thanks
    Rob

Well I have called the engine a few things when it didn't work right but........oh ...insulated.... I would have thought most people would consider the noise of the engine an integral and enjoyable part of owning a Cobra, I don't think heat from the engine bay into the cockpit would be too much trouble, even a bonus in winter
    Roger

Seems like the wrong car if your trying to insulate against noise. Some ear plugs on long runs. If your running side pipes they are the most nosiness. Go to underslung.

Regarding the heat . To reduce the under bonnet temperature I have insulted the bonnet to stop the bonnet distorting. Most of the heat is from the exhaust so heat wrapping the pipes or ceramic coating reduces the under bonnet temperature. I only have a problem in 30c plus with foot well temperature as I have under slung pipes. I installed a heat shield above the pipe below the GPR foot well area and this seems to reduce the temperature.

Its nice to have the heat in the colder weather if you decide to go for runs all year round.

Hi. Thanks both for the comments and I have also insulted the car during the build. As I said I was just toying with the idea.
    Thanks
    Rob

if you are unhappy with overall noise, you can fit Tinka-style baffles into the sidepipes to quiten things down a little without compromising on the 'presence' the car needs to command!
    Total cost: a few quid.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I think you need to decide if it’s going to be an all year round car or primarily summer car. If it’s the latter you will find the footwells will get hot. I put some insulation which was foil lined on one side in the footwells and transmission tunnel to keep the heat down. Cobras can be quite uncomfortable to drive sitting on hot leather seats in a hot cockpit and the heat of the side pipes wafting up when you stop in the height of summer! I thought about putting some trunking in ducting air from the front to the footwells with a simple flap closure.
    Dek

Heat in the footwell! I met Queenie once at Elvington. She said she had blistered the side of her foot with the heat coming into the footwell. Mind you that was a v big engine - 8.5litre I think.
    Nuf Said