Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: car for sale

I know this car very well and trust me it is worth every penny!! Possibly the best example in the UK!!
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Pondrew View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a troll (which I am not); at that price; maybe 2055?

Sorry I couldn't help it! Seriously? 48k for a Dax?

I'm off now.
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Quote Originally Posted by AKCharlie View Post
    I know this car very well and trust me it is worth every penny!! Possibly the best example in the UK!!
    Charlie
    Oi....you haven't seen mine

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Have you looked at the new build prices from the other manufacturers for a car to this spec.?
    ..... You'd need to find at least another £30k
    Kind of makes it a bit of a bargain really. ������
    I don't know the spec and I don't know the car, but that is immaterial. It is still a used Dax. If there are really people out there who will spend close to £80k on a "recreation" (ie kit car) then good luck to them, they must have more money than sense.

Problem I have is that for £45k ish you can go and buy pretty much ANY secondhand (manufactured) car you choose, or a genuine "classic", that's value is still rising.

Don't get me wrong; I want a Cobra, desperately. Just not, obviously, desperately enough.

Also it has to overpriced, as kevinW hasn't piped up with "underpriced IMHO"
    It ain't rocket science! Except rocket science.....that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pondrew View Post
    I don't know the spec and I don't know the car, but that is immaterial. It is still a used Dax. If there are really people out there who will spend close to £80k on a "recreation" (ie kit car) then good luck to them, they must have more money than sense.

Problem I have is that for £45k ish you can go and buy pretty much ANY secondhand (manufactured) car you choose, or a genuine "classic", that's value is still rising.

Don't get me wrong; I want a Cobra, desperately. Just not, obviously, desperately enough.

Also it has to overpriced, as kevinW hasn't piped up with "underpriced IMHO"
    So, (but without actually scrolling through all your posts) you have been on here for 7 years and still haven't found a Cobra in your "price range".
    I think that says a plenty about your ideas of true values.
    GD and AK and Crendon (and myself too if you so desire) seem to be keeping ourselves busy producing and building cars for customers paying £70k+.
    The facts are right there. Because you don't agree with it doesn't make you right.
    When I started building Cobras (Dax) a car that I was selling for £17,500 back then would be over £40,000 now.
    ... i think I you need to come and join us in the 21st century.
    Pro Cobra Builder
    DB427SC

DB REPLICAS
    Find us on Facebook
    db427.com
    Low Volume manufacturer of
    ALUMINIUM BODY, ROUND TUBE CHASSIS.
    ORIGINAL SPEC. SUSPENSION COBRAS.
    OEM style stainless SIDEPIPES

Dave what have you done

Dave you have really steered them up on here fella and its Christmas as well, all the best with the sale and happy Christmas, well we are about it.

Roy/ Carol

In support of Pondrew

These kitcars are pocket money to some.
    I still can't get my head around someone paying £1200 for TWO seats and then having
    to alter them.

£80k - I say let your money bring you happiness
    Nothing to beat a clean garage and no swarfega under the sink
    Let the sun shine.

Good luck to all potential builders/buyers out there who are working on a shoestring or not.

Now
    Dear Santa,
    All I want for Christmas is............. and........and.....and....and

And just to add.....if anyone thinks they can buy this for £45k then good luck as it's not for sale

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by david.mt; 03-12-19 at 11:14 PM.

Now that’s my kind of garage, I hope you do stock rotation on the racking, oh and gorgeous looking car, please tell me the shade of blue, as I’m looking to have my DAX D D Audi Sepang Blue?
    Cheers Mark
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

Quote Originally Posted by mark chambers View Post
    Now that’s my kind of garage, I hope you do stock rotation on the racking, oh and gorgeous looking car, please tell me the shade of blue, as I’m looking to have my DAX D D Audi Sepang Blue?
    Cheers Mark
    The stock turns far too frequently . Thanks - the colour is Lexus Indigo Blue - Also a Toyota colour - 8P4. It does look stunning in the sun which is when the car ges out until I get the roof fitted next year.

Dave - Sorry for thread hijack - good luck with the sale.

David.mt,

Nice car and wine collection. Getting drunk and working on your car Lol.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast