steering column to ak wiring loom

Just trying to sort out my BMW E46 donor column wiring. I have removed the ignition barrel and associated wires but it is not clear in the instructions as to whether the plugs/sockets attached to the wiper and indicator stalks need to be cut of as well,i assume they do and then the relevant wires need to be spliced into the AK loom,is this correct.
    Any suggestions appreciated.

The plugs and sockets are used for connection, AK have put those sockets already on the loom, the wires not used can then be removed. No wires need splicing into the loom from memory!

hope this helps!

Mark
    AK gen2 ls3

Mark
    Agreed that there are sockets already on the AK loom but they don,t match the ones on the BMW column wiring ,they are of a different type. Its a bit confusing.

As suggested the plugs are already on the AK loom. You might have to lock the wiper motor plug onto the motor connection by passing a small cable tie through the loom near the plug to prevent the cable plug from coming loose from the motor. I had to do this as others have suggested in the past having done the same.
    Best anti speeding device - a rear view mirror with a police car in it.
    A pedestrian - someone who thought there was still a couple of gallons in the tank.
    AK Chassis and body collected 12.12.14

From what I remember you end up cutting off the bmw connectors and making up some new ones using the connectors supplied with the AK loom. There are quite a few of the column wires that don’t get used so can be cut short/isolated.
    The wiring guide in the build manual covers E34 column, but many of us have had to use later models, mines an E36. The wiring is slightly different.
    if it helps, in my blog link below, find the section on Wiring Part 2 and there are some notes on the pin outs for the column. Might not be exactly same for your column but might provide some pointers.
    Cheers
    Steve

My missus asked me to build her a Cobra! – How good is that!

AK Gen2 chassis arrived 12/2/15 IVA Passed 2/7/18 on road 29/7/18
    http://stevesakcobrabuild.blogspot.com

As Steve says, I’ve just done mine.

The AK wiring instructions tell you how to connect it in.

There should be two plugs with crimps in the AK loom pack, cut the BMW plugs off and fit the AK ones.

Thanks Steve
    That,s what i suspected, i just wanted to make sure because once they are removed then its a lot of work to replace them.
    Martin