Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Damaged GD on ebay

WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.

Some serious looking damage even the steering wheel and glove box are bent, did it belong to anyone on here?

Graham.
    AK gen 1 delivered 05/05/17, on the road shortly!

Yes - Very sad at being outbid…….

Pavlov’s dogs will now be salivating at this dripping roast of a kitcar

Yummy.

It might be valid but not sure if the sellers site has been hi-jacked as Post to :United States, European Union. The lay out and description raises suspensions.

Few items listed in U.k. but most on this user is Post to :United States, European Union. The contact number is valid.

Sad to see any cobra with this damage. Its stated as "not recorded"? Panel so no structural I though it would have been registered as third part is selling the car.

That’s got to have been a write off (Cat C equiv, whatever that is called now), someone has been a bit naughty not registering it as such!
    At the right price it would make sense as a bunch of “bits”, but new chassis, body, wheels,hubs/wishbones,paint etc etc expensive!

Jim

Address checks out, lots of Mini's.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.58...7i13312!8i6656

Graham.
    AK gen 1 delivered 05/05/17, on the road shortly!

I agree with GatwickAxeMan's observations.

I'd be looking for better seatbelts after seeing the glovebox and steering wheel damage.

A guess - someone tickled the loud pedal and had a really good spin.
    (All 4 wheels damaged)

What concerns me is the uneven panel gaps on the undamaged bootlid.

Not recorded....Oh dear.

137 miles from new as well ........ I'd say it looked fantastic for all of 136.99 of them

Why’s everybody concerned about it being not recorded?
    WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    Why’s everybody concerned about it being not recorded?

I may be naive but....I thought that if the Ins Co wrote it off they gave it an appropriate category, Cosmetic, Structural but OK to repair, Structural but OK for spares and not repair, Structural and not to be sold for parts at all.

So if this isn’t recorded due to dodgy disposal.......what Cat should it be?

Kind of academic in the kit car world as it’s “just doner parts” anyway !

Jim
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

OMG........Imagine YOU paid MEGA £££ for a back on the road kitcar
    after someone stuck it back together on the cheap over a weekend and you were completely unaware of any previous accident damage or the quality of repairs.

Banana chassis could be cut and shut to get them wheels all pointing forward ish,
    That grp front end could be resined back together and the lot shipped out for that beautiful finishing lick of paint. Wheels could be straightened etc etc

or.....how it should be done New Chassis, New Bodyshell ,New wheels.
    or chassis repaired and jigged, part bodyshell bonded in.

But in saying all that......I remember reversing my old Cobra into my even older E-type.
    Small economical repair to both rear wings without making a claim....losing my £10 excess

GeeWhiz.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast