Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aviator Jacket

Aviator Jacket

Ok, obscure request of the day. Looking for recommendations for a good quality, warm, aviator jacket. Have realised if I'm gonna drive this thing in the winter, with no roof on, that I need protection. The shops that used to do them seem to have gone, the internet ones are either faux fur, or look thin and cheap, or just look wrong. Oh, and should say, don't really wanna pay £800 😟.

I have two for sale but, in France !!

Normally classic car shows etc, have sellers of leather and sheepskin jackets. You may have a problem in finding any shows on, this time of the year though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
    Normally classic car shows etc, have sellers of leather and sheepskin jackets. You may have a problem in finding any shows on, this time of the year though.
    I looked at them at Goodwood the other year .. naturally, they were "reduced" to £900, being Goodwood n'all!
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

These look reasonable, not tried one on though.
    https://www.nauticalia.com/clothing/mens-jackets/sheepskin-aviator-jacket/

Bob
    AK GenII arrived 1st April
    Let the cursing begin.........

I bought mine, real sheepskin from a place behind the open air market in Birmingham, Dunno whether the place is sill there, but it was about £200 12 years ago. I’ve often seen a stall selling second hand ones at car shows, EG the Classic and restoration show at the NEC in March.

And before the East Midlands crowd start - yes, it does still fit and I can do the zip up, admittedly its a little more fitted after Sunday’s lunch...
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

I have a IRVIN jacket they are the company that made the jackets for pilots in ww2 have a look at the website it gives you the history of the company the jacket is very warn.I’m not sure I look quite as cool as the old spitfire pilots did though
    Apply days steve

I just sold one......

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61842

And bought the same one that now fits me again!

Might go check out the Birmingham market one, may still be there. The Brandslock ones on Amazon look ok, and I can at least send it back if it looks naff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticle View Post
    Might go check out the Birmingham market one, may still be there. The Brandslock ones on Amazon look ok, and I can at least send it back if it looks naff.
    Looking at Google maps, it may be called premier leathers, their number was 0121 622 1979
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter29 View Post
    I bought mine, real sheepskin from a place behind the open air market in Birmingham, Dunno whether the place is sill there, but it was about £200 12 years ago. I’ve often seen a stall selling second hand ones at car shows, EG the Classic and restoration show at the NEC in March.

And before the East Midlands crowd start - yes, it does still fit and I can do the zip up, admittedly its a little more fitted after Sunday’s lunch...
    Dave were not talking about the zip on the pocket (where you keep your wallet), but the main one which either side of your belly
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast