Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bralke bleeder

Bralke bleeder

I'm looking for a new brake bleeding kit, I have this one...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Hand-...920a14cc08beec

and it's bloody rubbish

I'm thinking this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3L-Capaci...oAAOSwuA1dXfsI

But then will I get the cap onto the reservoir in the AK?

Or maybe this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LASG4062-...oAAOSwcNFcnL0o

I have no compressed available.

What do you guys use for a one man operation???
    Last edited by cperry; 10-12-19 at 04:54 PM.
    Regards

Craig Perry

No, I'm not "repairing" it, I'm fine tuning its performance.

You use a spare tyre as a source of compressed air; it uses very little. You could equally well use a propane cylinder and regulator to pressurise the system.

I would have thought the one you have would be the best. What do you find wrong with it?
    Cheers

Myles D-W

I have both the Eezibleed Kit and your first listed vaccum pump.

The Eezibleed using the tyre pressure which has always problem in trying to get a good seal on the top of the reservoir. Fluid can spray every where ! The last thing I want is brake fluid on my paint work. So ditched it and ended up with flat tyres!

The pump option is a lot more controlled and I found I could move more fluid than using any pedal method. I always had a problem bleeding and getting a solid pedal until I used the vacuum pump method.

Interested why you think its rubbish. You might have a duff one.

I use it to replace the whole system brake fluid in an hour. Suck out what is in the reservoir and then top up with clean fluid then bleed each corner.

To work properly, surely it needs to seal against the bleed nipple fully, which it never seems to do.

The hose also is too stiff to allow the rubber fitting to sit on the bleed nipple properly.

The vacuum drops as fast as i can pump the handle, and before I can get the nipple open.

Apart from that..... it’s perfect

i've got and use the third one in your list Craig - works really well, use a spare wheel with tyre for pressure if no compressor - with this one, make sure the tyre pressure isn't over 20psi iirc.
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

I use the rubber end into the clear using the adapter. It allows me to pump and the pressure holds until the nipple is opened. Sounds like your.problem is the fitting needs to seal better. I have a bleed spanner which helps a lot to hold it tight. Bleed spanner it very wide and hold the tube down.

I’m sure I have a bleed spanner somewhere, I’ll give it a go this weekend, if I can’t get it working to my usual high standard, it’s going in the bin !!

Hi Craig,

I also have No 3 a Gunson system, as you say seal correctly and off you go!

Alan.
    AK Gen II on the road Jan '19
    GM LQ4 364ci, LS9 cam, Omex 710.
    Tremec T56 Terminator.
    3.27:1 Powr-lok LSD

I have a hand vacuum pump kit too, and it works very well - but I had to put grease around the bleed nipple to stop air being drawn in past the threads once opened. Everything else about it works a treat.
    DAX Cobra. May contain nuts. Always read the label.

Quote Originally Posted by Bannon View Post
    I have a hand vacuum pump kit too, and it works very well - but I had to put grease around the bleed nipple to stop air being drawn in past the threads once opened. Everything else about it works a treat.
    That’s a good idea, I’ll give that a try.

Hoping to drive it (on private property) for the first time this weekend and I think brakes would be a good idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast