Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Superperformance for sale

https://www.exchangeandmart.co.uk/ad/24089424

Saw this on Exchange & Mart when looking for something else. Nothing do with me, but it's within 50 yards of my house and I've never seen it before! Just curious. Might pop round next week. If anyone wants to see it, you're welcome to drop me a pm and meet here for a coffee.

Brian

.... what engine ??!!!
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    .... what engine ??!!!
    Ford 302
    https://www.westcountycars.co.uk/veh...2-4ad1c0863f79

Russ.
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    1984 DAX Cobra
    Rover 3.5 V8 with Holley carburetor.

Nice car, such a shame about the “tarts” paintwork, otherwise seems like a cracker.

Simon
    WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.

Agree Simon the colour scheme is not to my liking either. It has been up for some time and guess the flip paint work will limited the market.

Also says all their classic cars are sold without warranty. As they are a dealer it must have a warranty.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by corn plaster View Post
    Also says all their classic cars are sold without warranty. As they are a dealer it must have a warranty.
    I can't remember the last time a used car dealer didn't say to me "no warranty" or "3 month warranty", even though statutory rights are 6 months.. they're all bent as a 9 bob note. I've also had one dealer sell on the basis of me signing a "trade sale agreement" (there's no warranty on trade-to-trade sales).. but I'm not bitter
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Agreed, 6 months warranty if sold by a dealer and a court of law will uphold that. Being asked to sign a Sold as Trade doesn't work either. Courts aren't that stupid.

Andy

Yup - granted, you have to have the willpower to go to court to extract your rights, sometimes! When the alternator failed after two months on the last car I bought, I paid to have it fixed rather than spend my days trying to get the dealer to do the right thing.. of course, I realise that means they got one over on me hence the bitterness

Not all dealers are bent, I'm sure - especially in niche circles where, surely, reputation is king
    My DeDion build diary..

Bah, no edit. I meant to say "road car" - it wasn't a Cobra and it was 10 years old, so a failed alternator isn't enormously unexpected, hence taking it on the chin.
    My DeDion build diary..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast