Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Value

Value

As we move more towards electric vehicles will the value of our Cobras go up or down and how far away are we from not been able to register newly built cars?

How long is a piece of string would be the current answer on that one Paul i think.
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

I think values will have peaked once the fuel escalator gets re-introduced.
    And I think that will be when electric cars are the same price as new cars, and there are sufficient 'fast' charging points for longer runs. ...so plucking a number out the air....10 years time?
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

And the rest! At least 20 years is my bet

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    I think values will have peaked once the fuel escalator gets re-introduced.
    And I think that will be when electric cars are the same price as new cars, and there are sufficient 'fast' charging points for longer runs. ...so plucking a number out the air....10 years time?
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

I think we need to build a few new nuclear power stations first, and the grid to support them, seeing as we'll surely soon loose access to all the imported French electrickery keeping the lights on??

(OK, it's 1/10th of our total electricity consumption: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e...deal-jfscq995m )
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

I see most of the manufacturers going to include or go total electric. We will still have hybrids as Honda from 2025 are going "all electric which include hybrids". These vehicles will be around for 10 plus years. They have also now introduced faster charging times of 80% charge in 15 mins from one manufacturer. Technology is moving fast but the infrastructure of charging points is not growing at a capacity for everyone to charge there vehicles at there local supermarkets. The local grid will not support 100 plus vehicles being charged at one location.
    We are in a niche market. If electric car prices plummet which is way off as batteries are very costly plus you will have to pay a disposal tax in a few years I guess which is being kept quiet.

If governments choose to legislate against the registration of newly built petrol only vehicles but exclude hybrid this will still put jobs at risk. Not very popular for the government. You vehicle will go up in value.

I guesstimate new build Cobra's are here for next 15 plus years. So enjoy them now.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    I guesstimate new build Cobra's are here for next 15 plus years. So enjoy them now.
    Should be just enough time for me to finish .. maybe
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    Should be just enough time for me to finish .. maybe
    The old slog "get it done" lol Its not great time of the year unless you have a heated garage so you could be on the road 2020 Spring. Tick list on the board. A lot of people run around in grey for a while before choosing blue !
    I think I would be one of the 10 year builds if that's any consultation. Measure twice.
    Last edited by jon1d; 21-12-19 at 04:37 PM.

15 to 20 years would be great. Il be retiring then

My guess would be registered cobras would go up in value as legislation or electric cars kick in more. There will always be a market for these vehicles and maybe a surge in orders prior to the ban/deadline of them no longer being allowed.

Over 18 years now although we have had economic quiet spells year in year I have been busier and prices have only risen.

I think il get a couple built and parked in the garage as part of my pension plan and own vehicle collection while it’s all still allowed though.

I would hope Cobra value steadily increases, especially for well looked after already built ones, as for electric cars, in my view there's a major problem thats stands out as i watch the ever increasing congestion on the roads i seriously believe the car whether electric or not could be coming to an end in the not to distant future.We just cannot keep adding vehicles to our congestion strained roads, i watch how traffic near me in Manchester has got to a point it barely moves, the M60 fly over every day is standing still with vehicles, in the near future this can only get worse, and can you imagine the situation with electric cars running out off power in these traffic jams, no way of powering them up, utter chaos. Its a problem with no answers adding more electric cars to our roads is only going to add to the problem of congestion, theres just to many cars on the roads, could it be we just have to accept the age off owning a car is coming to the end.
    https://thebristolcable.org/2019/08/...ot-the-answer/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast