Hybrid View

Caffeine and Machine today

Two of us out, Stuart Vann in his red GD and me in the old green Dax. Bit chilly and a bit low on grip in a few places!! Nice to be out in the sun though.
    Busy at C&M though..... Biggest coffee queue ever!!

Hi Chris,

A brave man but with your roof not too cold i'm sure. I enjoyed our meet there back in Oct and i'll be there again albeit better warmer weather April me thinks!

Alan.
    AK Gen II on the road Jan '19
    GM LQ4 364ci, LS9 cam, Omex 710.
    Tremec T56 Terminator.
    3.27:1 Powr-lok LSD

When i get a few minutes (!) I am going to put a schedule together for the summer and see if we can get a few of us Midlanders out.......
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

Sounds good, Thanks Chris!

Alan.
    AK Gen II on the road Jan '19
    GM LQ4 364ci, LS9 cam, Omex 710.
    Tremec T56 Terminator.
    3.27:1 Powr-lok LSD

Is it good there? I've booked an overnight stay during the Silverstone classic weekend. I know its not particularly close but should be a nice run.
    Simon
    WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.

It's a fun place but it does depend on the weather to a degree (!). On a nice day it is rammed. A 'normal' day is a stream of interesting vehicles of just about every type you can imagine, including often a few cobras. The food is good too!! What's not to like?? You will have fun and meet some interesting people, and yes, it's a nice drive from there

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    When i get a few minutes (!) I am going to put a schedule together for the summer and see if we can get a few of us Midlanders out.......
    i have been meaning to visit this C & M , let me know if you arrange anything please Chris.

Paul
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Yep, will do. Not too far for you. Well worth a visit particularly on a sunny and warm day! Also let me know if you end up heading down there anytime. I'm not far away and might be able to join you. The other great venue, 30 miles south of C&M is The Classic Car Hub on Bibury Airfield. As I said, I will get a few things sorted - maybe a short 'rally' including C&M and Classic Car Hub, it's a good run on the Fosse and through the Cotswold Hills between the two

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Yep, will do. Not too far for you. Well worth a visit particularly on a sunny and warm day! Also let me know if you end up heading down there anytime. I'm not far away and might be able to join you. The other great venue, 30 miles south of C&M is The Classic Car Hub on Bibury Airfield. As I said, I will get a few things sorted - maybe a short 'rally' including C&M and Classic Car Hub, it's a good run on the Fosse and through the Cotswold Hills between the two
    Not done the CMH before Chris , looks well worth a visit. I travel the Fosse- way a fair bit in the cob with the Wife when we visit the Cotswolds or NT gardens down that way, or my mate in Stroud, ten miles south of Gloucester, and I have to take it easy on that old roman road, as I am forever grounding the sump. Once the weather warms up around April, I need to replace the leaking rad, swap all the silicon hoses for rubber ones, remove manifolds and wrap them, fit one of those Spiyder fuel gauge wizards, swap the electric choke for a manual version and get the wipers working again, so hopefully May onward I will be able to join you and the cavalcade
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.