Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What's an "ETA"?

To answer a more sensible question (post #9 above) I have fitted the wideband sensors in the collector and cut a slot in the body to allow the body of the sensor / lead to pass through. I will try & add a picture but my record of adding pictures has not been good.

The project is still ambling along, currently in the final stages of configuring the ECU to the engine prior to first start - scary stuff!!!

Take care,
    Ian

Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor
    Phase Two underway - Conversion to Japanese

Hi Ian,

I remember you showing me your sensor placement last time I stopped by - didn't you also have to cut into the body (not something I particularly want to do) ?

Let me know if you're planning on braving a garage meet for the first start up !!

You seem to have an awful lot of wires in the passenger compartment there

Cheers
    Geoff

This is the sensor position on my FAST EFI install.

IMG_9344.JPG

Geoff,

Ah yes, sorry I forgot you had been over after I had fitted the O2 sensors. And yes I am cutting a slot in the body, it is currently a hole but I need a slot to allow the body to be removed without having to first remove the side pipes & collectors. I did the same where the collectors come through the body, I cut the hole into a slot and have made brackets to refit the cut piece after the body is in position. Being black, and mostly underneath or behind the collector, it is fairly invisible - well to my eyes anyway.

The wires are the looms from the ECU to the engine & dashboard plus all the power supplies, relays & fuses for the ECU. I learnt a lesson when building the car - I spent many hours getting everything loomed up as I worked only to have to undo and re-loom the wiring when I made changes or discovered the (very) occasional mistake. I lost count of the time I spent trying to find the end of the electrician's tape to unpick the looms to make changes so now I try to leave everything open till I have confirmed it all works.

I also learnt, after I made the mistake of announcing the planned first start of the RV8 installation, not to preannounce major moments lest disaster ensues!!

Regards,
    Ian
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor
    Phase Two underway - Conversion to Japanese

Quote Originally Posted by glip View Post
    Daryn,

assuming you have sidepipes, where did you put the O2 sensor ?

Sure I've seen a thread on here somewhere about O2 sensor placement and it was suggested that positioning it in one of the downpipes was sufficient - rather than in the sidepipe ? (which would seem problematic - specially as they should be positioned above the horizontal?)

Cheers.
    Yes, I have side pipes.

My exhaust manifold goes into a single collector then the single collector goes into a four way collector. The O2 sensor in the single part of the collector.
    It just does....

Hi All

I am thinking of upgrading to EFi using either the FiTech system or the MSD Atomic EFi. I am currently leaning towards the MSD system because it does not need a return line to the fuel tank. For the FiTech one in order not to have to install a return line I would need to use one of their fuel command centers. However, the command center is 4 inches by 4 inches and 12 inches tall. This would be difficult to install in the engine bay. How have other people who have used the FiTech system dealt with the fuel issues?

Thanks for any responses.

Regards

Rob
    Rob

AK Gen I - 4.6l Rover V8, Stage III heads, MC1 cam
    On the road March 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P View Post
    Hi All

I am thinking of upgrading to EFi using either the FiTech system or the MSD Atomic EFi. I am currently leaning towards the MSD system because it does not need a return line to the fuel tank. For the FiTech one in order not to have to install a return line I would need to use one of their fuel command centers. However, the command center is 4 inches by 4 inches and 12 inches tall. This would be difficult to install in the engine bay. How have other people who have used the FiTech system dealt with the fuel issues?

Thanks for any responses.

Regards

Rob
    I do not think FiTech sell the command center any longer.

I have a command centre fitted in the wheel arch.
    It just does....

I have also considered the Holley Sniper EFI. Once Im on the road with the carb then EFI is the first upgrade.
    Andy

Ford 302 336 BHP 331 ft/lb's , GD JAG249 rolling!!
    Engine started August 2011.
    1st Daughter slows progress!

www.andysgd427.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12