Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    Egbert - not a miillion miles away......
    https://www.rolls-royce.com/products...eactors.aspx#/
    About 7 miles away from me. Rolls Royce have been operating a small reactor at Derby for many years. Part of their submarine developments business. My guess is that the electricity generation announcement is a spin-off opportunity.

Russ.
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    1984 DAX Cobra
    Rover 3.5 V8 with Holley carburetor.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ-Notts View Post
    About 7 miles away from me. Rolls Royce have been operating a small reactor at Derby for many years. Part of their submarine developments business. My guess is that the electricity generation announcement is a spin-off opportunity.

Russ.

People don't usually realise where the reactors are - there is also one at Silwood Park, near Ascot, but nought to do with RR I think.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

All this " end of the ice" stuff is predicated on the continued support of the general public.

The general public are already wary of pontificating experts repeating doom laden forecasts of a climate armageddon just down the road. See how the people on the tube gave the ER guys a kicking recently. Give it a few more years and the public will start to ask why have we spent so much, ruined so many industries, changed our way of life so much and for what?

Listening to the experts it appears that everything we have done to cut carbon dioxide has been for nought, the climate is actually in a worse state than it was previously all the experts tell us. We must redouble our efforts.

And China is building one new Coal Fired power station a week for the next ten years. Do they know somehing we don't or do they just hate their kids.

According to the IPCC, we won't know for sure if CO2 is the cause of global warming for sure for 40 years. In the meantime its our best guess.

CO2 is a trace gas at 0.4 % of the atmosphere but its vital for all life on earth. Plants and therefore, us depend on it.

Out of every 85,000 molecules of air only one molecule is man made co2. And yet that one molecule causes climate change. The other 32 molecules of naturally generated co2 do absolutely nothing as they are good molecules. The one man made co2 molecule is a very naughty molecule.

And trillions and trillions of dollars/ pounds/ euros are being spent to conbat just this one molecule in 33 of exactly the same type that is the bad molecule in a mix of 85,000 other molecules. One day, and I hope it is sooner rather than later, people will want to see the results of all their sacrifices, especially if nothing has changed. Which it wont.

Perhaps the Chinese are onto something. Let Greta, Gore, Davey, Attenborough, Gove, the MSM et al screw up the western economies and we will profit from it all.

One molecule out of 33 identical molecules out of 85,000 molecules and we need to stop it as whats destroying the planet.

People are not going to be happy once they see just how they have been duped.
    Supply by blagging, engineering by bodge......

Some interesting facts they dont want to publicise. The amount of co2 generated from volcanic eruptions around the world makes made co2 a fraction. On average 200 volcanic eruptions are occurring.
    The electric car story and the abolishenment of petrol and diesel cars by 2035 is another government deadline which will be missed. HS2 is a joke .How we get burdened with a rising price.
    Job pricing goes out the window when we are all paying.

First thing I'm doing after I win the lottery later on this evening is to give Rolls Royce a call and have on of those mini nukes installed in the garden. In the mean time may I suggest the rest of us that aren't unbelievably loaded go out and purchase the latest in personalised, self sustaining co2 scrubbers to combat what may or may not be the forthcoming end of the world. If the main problem is an excess of co2 we simply have to reduce the imbalance before we all choke to death as in Apollo 13 and their square plug in a round hole situation. Ok I know we can't all give NASA a shout when it goes pear shaped but the idea is the same, co2 scrubbers. They now come in a variety of shapes, sizes and colours, most are weather proof, some are self repairing and require almost zero maintenance. Simples as the meerkat would say.

Sorry, how far back did I loose everyone?

Also known as trees!
    Last edited by Gatwick Axe Man; 07-02-20 at 09:40 PM.
    AK gen 1 delivered 05/05/17, on the road shortly!

I like a loud cobra as much as the next man (my old cobra was probably one of the loudest) but I'm currently enjoying the quietness of the Mercedes. It has all the acceleration without the noise and now I've experienced that, I'm more than happy to have an electric vehicle, especially one with explosive acceleration. I doubt if I will get one though as I'm more than happy with the merc and an electric work vehicle would, currently, be unworkable. If you're only interested in noise then that can be achieved with a small engine and good exhaust design but I believe that a lot of you are just as interested, if not more interested, in acceleration which is why you go for big powerful engines and that acceleration can easily be achieved and beaten with an electric engine.
    For those of you who believe that putting an electric engine in a cobra is just wrong, remember almost all of America think putting a chevy engine in a cobra is equally as wrong!

In spite of all these compelling arguments, I just can't bring myself to agree with Donald Trump.

When China and India stop building and using coal fired Generating stations I'll start using electric.
    Ive said many many times in the past that why dont we start using mini Nuke generators similar to those used in subs?
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 3.5 Litre Rover V8 Towing an Eriba Puck Caravan

Probably because you need a team of nuclear control engineers to run them? (So I was reading the other day - US nuclear submarines are, or were until fairly recently, almost entirely manually controlled..)
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

It was not that long ago when our own subs fired the torpedoes out on a remote hard wire system .
    This made it vertually impossible to miss the target, also very difficult to be interfered with by the opposition.
    Not sure this has much to do with the original thread though ?
    Chris.
    Last edited by Chris1; 17-02-20 at 03:47 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast