Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi from Norfolk Broads

So nearly built a Dax Trojero...some 15 years ago now, but sadly due to finances and a house move, had to sell that on,
    Was 80% there i guess too.. Jag IRS, Roadcraft 350sbc, Tremec box etc., you know the score..

Well after 15 years i think i have the bug again.. had a number of cars in that time including.....

2005GT Mustang, 1934 Ford Coupe Hot Rod, 1957 Chevy 3100 truck, 1967 Mustang Fastback, 1967 Camaro `SS`350, Porche Boxster 3.2S
    Lotus Elise R, 1950 Ford Shoebox Hot Rod, and until now... a 2018GT Mustang..

I think i am like that guy off of tv, and love the chase ! The Mrs thinks i am mad..!

Bought the S550GT Mustang from new and its an awesome car, only just covered 4500miles in 2 years, but convinced myself
    i now need that COBRA in my life !

Been looking at another hotrod, but dont really want a santa pod race car (although been tempted)
    Then i thought about an MGA but can i live with that 1600 engine??

So then i came to my senses Glass shell (no rust), V8 engine, with the classic lines... ANOTHER COBRA REP..

So in the swatting up stages again..
    We live in Norfolk now, have my double garage back.. and ideally placed for a trip to AK Sportcars not too far away

On the hunt for a part built project if anyones got one,.. def want the AK this time round and with a good punchy engine in there
    I see they are using the Chevy LS3 these days too

Will keep you posted

I have a gen 1 Ak kit with a lot of parts available

Pm me your email address and il send details.

Depends on what you wish to spend but there is an AK nearly finished on a well known auction site that you can still put your own stamp on, if I hadn’t got my DAX completed and was in the running I’d definitely consider, worth a look.
    Mark
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

Yes looking at that... what value would u place this at?

Quote Originally Posted by mark chambers View Post
    Depends on what you wish to spend but there is an AK nearly finished on a well known auction site that you can still put your own stamp on, if I hadn’t got my DAX completed and was in the running I’d definitely consider, worth a look.
    Mark
    Yes looking at that... what value would u place this at?

Well it’s difficult to say as having built my DAX over 7 - 9 years I know what the kit is worth but most builders go the extra mile and make it their build so a one of a kind. I would think a decent offer in mid to high 20’s would get a negotiation going but it’s like anything is it a buyers or sellers market at the moment? Good luck with it but I would seriously buy that as you can still make it yours with little effort .
    Mark
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

Pete, sending you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by mark chambers View Post
    Well it’s difficult to say as having built my DAX over 7 - 9 years I know what the kit is worth but most builders go the extra mile and make it their build so a one of a kind. I would think a decent offer in mid to high 20’s would get a negotiation going but it’s like anything is it a buyers or sellers market at the moment? Good luck with it but I would seriously buy that as you can still make it yours with little effort .
    Mark
    Well... after nearly a week of exhaustive negotiation, pleased to say this should be in my garage next week..
    cant wait... Just need to sell my Mustang now, to make some space if anyone is tempted?

20190307_150613.jpg
    Last edited by Snap On Pete; 31-01-20 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap On Pete View Post
    Nice, wish I had the funds!

What did you buy in the end.?
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast