Rear Wheel Settings

Just checking what are the best settings for the rear wheels. At ride height 0 Camber then going into negative Camber under compression. 0.75 degree toe in, 1.5 degree toe in combined.

From the info I've found this is the desired?

What vehicle and running gear xj6/12 early or xj40?
    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Hi Jon, it's a Pilgrim and uses Granada or Sierra as a base.

Thanks Phil ,
    I am sure someone will post recommendations. I only know about Jaguar set up .

Phil,

Assuming that it is a Mk3 and you are using the lower hole (for the outboard rear trailing arm pivot bolt) then the camber should be between -0.5 & -1 degree (negative camber) depending on your ride height. The only way to adjust it is by moving either the inner or outer hole or by machining / shimming the upright all of which take considerable time and effort for little gain (in my opinion). The rear camber changes by approximately 0.7° (more negative) for each 20mm of suspension travel at the hub.

The toe can also only be adjusted by the above methods and, as any change will affect both toe & camber, it can be a nightmare to get "right" - don't ask me how I know!

My understanding, from reading Allan Staniforth et al, is that the rear toe should never be positive under any circumstances and that a small amount (0.5 degree) of negative toe at each wheel is a reasonable setting. On the Granada suspension the rear wheels go negative on compression - i.e. the toe at normal ride height will go more negative under load.

Hope this is of some help.

Regards,
    Ian
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor
    Phase Two underway - Conversion to Japanese